+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers Win The NBA Finals

Re: Cleveland Cavaliers Win The NBA Finals

Congrats to the Cavs fans! Though my Warriors had a record breaking season with a 73 - 9 record (as opposed to the Cavs 57 - 25 season :humph ), they lost the one game that counted and the Cavs prevailed in their first Championship in 29 years! Mad, crazy fun for the fans and the area!!!

Hey, Joseph... I'm looking at you, dude! Sports fan! Truth is, when the series began I PM'ed Joseph because I knew he was in Cleveland and said, " , we're going to the finals!!! " His response was pretty much, "Zzzzzzzzzz. I'm not a sports fan."

Well, do you get it now, Joseph? Do you get it now?" LOL

Took me a day of mourning to come to this thread, but it's time to throw in my congrats to the team, the area, and the fans!
    MReid and JosephD like this.
    Lynda

Thanks Punkin....first championship in 52 years. My parents weren't even born yet--!!! That's how amazing this win is for us. Your Warriors are amazing. They were really tough to beat.
    Punkin, Miss Scarlet and MReid like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

FORT Fogey

Funny you mention the record Punkin - I somewhat think that cost the Warriors the title. I had lunch not too long ago with a former NFL player turned commentator. In talking about championships, he made the comment that in any sport, the post season is all about endurance - not being the best team. He said his belief was that in the regular season, a team should manage wins well enough to make it to the post season ... that's it. His belief was that if players exert too much in the regular season, they get too beat up and worn down to make it to the end in the post season. When you look at the condition the Warriors were in to cross the finish line -- talks of back spasms, leg injuries, constant speculation as to whether or not Curry was hiding an injury - I think there's reason to wonder if they didn't keep enough in reserve in the regular season.

Now, in the long run, which is more valuable - the best season ever, or a championship? There's a strong argument in favor of the best season record. But either way ... Clevelanders showed up in droves to show the city has changed forever! I loved that they included the MMA champ and Lake Erie Monsters in the parade as fellow world champions! I also LOVED the touch of having Jim Brown pass the torch in way of the trophy.
    Punkin and Miss Scarlet like this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I AM STILL CELEBRATING THEIR WIN THEY LITERALLY MADE HISTORY THE FIRST TEAM IN THE NBA TO COME BACK AFTER A 3-1 trail in the finals. Lebron has been in the finals 6 years straight I dont think people realize how difficult that is. WELL DONE AND WELL DESERVED!

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    I AM STILL CELEBRATING THEIR WIN THEY LITERALLY MADE HISTORY THE FIRST TEAM IN THE NBA TO COME BACK AFTER A 3-1 trail in the finals. Lebron has been in the finals 6 years straight I dont think people realize how difficult that is. WELL DONE AND WELL DESERVED!
    I was wondering if you were ever gonna show up in this thread. Especially considering how much you were blowing up Twitter over the CAVs.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Punkin, you might not want to watch this.... (sorry).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-yh0hf7sBU

But, you didn't answer my question, Joseph "Do you get it now?" LOL And the town goes WILD!!! Nothin' like it! Ever! Brings joy and civic pride to everyone, and everybody is a FAN!! Even you.
    AcookerTV likes this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    But, you didn't answer my question, Joseph "Do you get it now?" LOL And the town goes WILD!!! Nothin' like it! Ever! Brings joy and civic pride to everyone, and everybody is a FAN!! Even you.
    Yes, grandma Punkin, I get it.

Now if we can just do something with our Browns.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post

since I grew up in Akron my "favorite" sports teams all come from Cleveland, except the Browns. My favorite is the Steelers, but to be fair, that's mainly because the boy I liked in fifth grade had them as his favorite. I don't watch sports so it's all a moot point about which are my favorite. I am super glad of the Cavs win.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post

Well, the Browns used to be really great, like the Niners used to be. But, everything comes around again eventually! The SF Giants won the MLB Pennant in 2010, 2012, 2014, and now it's 2016. An even year! Do we fans believe in some sort magical, celestial convergence that will bring us another pennant win in this even year? Of course not! :wink But we are in first place in our division. So, there's that! LOL Welcome to fanhood, sweetie bug!
    JosephD likes this.
    Lynda

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast