+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree198Likes

Thread: Pro Football 2015-2016

Pro Football 2015-2016

It's time to set up the thread for the Fall football season. Training camps have been underway at least two weeks. Before you know it, The Amazing Race et.al. will be delayed because of football. Ahhh...tis upon us.
    Maveno and Uncle David like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Pro Football 2015-2016

Pre-season is the only time of the year when I get to have hope. Go Raiders!!
    Punkin, SpringMaiden27 and kev89 like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Pre-season is the only time of the year when I get to have hope. Go Raiders!!
    I know what that's like. The Washington Redskins- offseason champions since 1999
    Uncle David likes this.

I am still tearing up over Sydney Seau's speech for her dad. There a two adored sports hero's in San Diego JR Seau and Tony Gwynn and we have lost them both way too soon! Jerome Bettis is a class act and I love the Bus always. I abhor the Raiders as a Charger fan, But Tim Brown has always been a real classy guy!
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...011915755.html

I wonder how the fans in Oakland, St. Louis, and San Diego feel about their owners all clamoring to go to (or back to) LA? Los Angeles hasn't had a pro football team for over 20 years. They're used to it!
    Lynda

I had season tickets on the 47 yard line when the Raiders played in LA, and their offices and practice field were only a few miles away from where I lived. I would love to see them return.

LA would have loved for the Raiders to stay, but their home field was The Colosseum which sat 100,000 people. With it's horrible location and so many seats it was hard to fill. So, Davis returned the team to it's original home in Oakland. I hope they do return to LA with a new stadium. It will be a lot easier for me to attend games from where I live now in Las Vegas.

As far as the Rams and the Chargers, I'm not sure Los Angelenos want either to come to LA. The Rams betrayed their fans by leaving for Anaheim then St. Louis. Even though the despised Georgia Frontiere is no longer the owner, I'm not sure Angelenos have forgotten/forgiven enough to embrace them again. The Chargers, on the other hand, don't elicit any response from most Angelenos. They might come to LA, but I can't imagine much enthusiasm for them.
    Punkin likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Go ravens!!!!!

Big Brother tomorrow will be bumped by a Jets pre-season game. I don't know why the Jets are on Prime Time.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

But we got The Fort!!!!! Catch it all online at The Fort, just like us Leftcoasters!!
    beerbelly likes this.
    Lynda

A runner at the bottom of my screen is telling me that tomorrow's show won't air until 11:35pm PST here in Las Vegas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast