+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eastcoastmom

Thread: Special Olympics World Games 2015

With My Thoughts

Special Olympics World Games 2015

Opening ceremonies - 7/25 on ESPN and later on ABC.

The temperatures for Los Angeles area the two weeks of the games will be hot, hot, hot.

Best of luck and wishes to all involved.

For those in the LA area, all venues are free. Special Olympics athletes set to make history in Los Angeles | abc7.com
    There will be 25 competitions around town, including football at UCLA, swimming at USC, bowling at L.A. Live, horse-riding in Burbank, golfing in Griffith Park and sailing in Long Beach. All the competitions are free to attend.
    Special Olympics: Home Page

Los Angeles 2015 - Special Olympics World Games

Special Olympics World Games 2015 - ESPN
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Special Olympics World Games 2015

My brother-in-law is working at the Special Olympics for its duration doing the catering. He lives in NYC but is in a bi-coastal relationship with a California woman who owns her own catering company. He recently retired and has been doing catering jobs with her here and there. This particular job is a huge one, though. He had to go to CA in June for a bit and then flew back to CA again July 2, I believe. There was a lot of work involved in preparation beforehand. He won't be back until mid-August, I believe and I look forward to asking him about his experience.
    redsox girl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread