+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Baseball 2015 - PreSeason, Regular Season and Post Season

Re: Baseball 2015 - PreSeason, Regular Season and Post Season

I watched a couple of games, the Boston-NYY, Brewers-Mariners (I kept getting confused by the M on the Brewers' shirt!),and part of the White Sox-? this weekend. I have a vested interest in Boston because our local club is the high A Affiliate, but thats the only reason. Its been a while since I have kept up with majors so I am trying to find a team to root for. Closest locally would be Nationals or Orioles. Ive been itching for spring, so baseball has helped that!
    kev89 likes this.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

So disappointing about Sandoval. All the love we gave to our "Panda", we couldn't blame him for leaving for the money, but I thought he'd have a little loyalty to the team and City that got him 3 World Series wins. Guess not.
    razorbacker likes this.
    Lynda

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU View Post
    Gotta throw in my Pirates love. The past 2 seasons have brought Pirates fans back to life!

Hubby is a Mets fan... so I have to give some Mets love too.

We like an underdog!
    I've loved watching the resurgence of the pirates and Kansas city-it's exciting watching them especially because both fan bases are so loyal and passionate. As someone who roots for a team that took 84 years to win another world series my heart is with fans of long suffering teams.
    I mean can anyone not want the cubs to finally win a world series?
    Punkin and kev89 like this.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

Completely based on old school hunch rather than computer analysis my gut tells me the nationals will be in the world series. facing k.c.
    The Red Sox, despite Scandaval(his test will be playing in a ball park with the wackiest dimensions while handling a relentless vicious press that's sent many a high priced, all star, out of towner running).
    Punkin and kev89 like this.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Completely based on old school hunch rather than computer analysis my gut tells me the nationals will be in the world series. facing k.c.
    The Red Sox, despite Scandaval(his test will be playing in a ball park with the wackiest dimensions while handling a relentless vicious press that's sent many a high priced, all star, out of towner running).
    I think one of your biggest obstacles is going to be Hanley Ramirez in left field. A shortstop moving to the outfield for the first time & having to do so with the Green Monster? That willbe interesting to see how he handles it.

Still rooting against them though. And if Big Papi defies the new game shortening rules as he says he will, I hope the suspend his ass. NO ONE is bigger than the game.
    redsox girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Well, as a Nationals fan, I hope your gut is right
    redsox girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    Well, as a Nationals fan, I hope your gut is right
    When I was little I would be in bed with the radio turned on just loud enough for me to hear Expos games. They will always have my heart and my sentiment.
    kev89 likes this.

Awesome! I'm from Virginia, near DC, so they didn't become my team until they came to the area in 2005. I've met some Expos fans from back in the day online who still follow the team religiously. I definitely have a lot of respect for that kind of dedication, especially after all the bad times the Expos went through in their later years.
    redsox girl likes this.

There have been low level rumblings that if the situation in Tampa doesn't get any better the owners may begin to look elsewhere & Montreal could be one of those wheres.
    redsox girl and kev89 like this.

I've heard about the Rays potentially moving too. I hope baseball returns to Montreal someday. I was born several years after the second Senators moved to Texas, but I've known some baseball fans who have been in the DC area since the later years of the first Senators, and I know it's an awful feeling to lose your town's baseball team.
    redsox girl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread