+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Baseball 2015 - PreSeason, Regular Season and Post Season

Re: Baseball 2015 - PreSeason, Regular Season and Post Season

No prob. It's not our year anyway. Let's see... 2010, 2012, 2014.... we aren't due again until 2016! This is our off-year! So this year I'm going to root for teams that have gotten close the last few years and are really hungry for a win. Nationals? Who could be hungrier??
    kev89 and MReid like this.
    Lynda

So does that mean you will root for my Baltimore Orioles grandma Punkin?
    Punkin and kev89 like this.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Gotta throw in my Pirates love. The past 2 seasons have brought Pirates fans back to life!

Hubby is a Mets fan... so I have to give some Mets love too.

We like an underdog!
    Punkin and MReid like this.
    Wake up and be awesome

Well, I'm for all you all hungry folks. Get those teams out there and play to the end! And I'll be for you. I'm all for having "The Big Celebration" in a town that hasn't had one in a very long time, or forever!
    kev89 and MReid like this.
    Lynda

Hey, I'm all for a Nationals vs. Orioles Beltway World Series

As a resident of the DC area, it's kind of weird that most of the Washington teams are actually doing well. The Redskins still suck, but the Capitals seem to be bouncing back from a lackluster last season, and the Wizards have had a great year so far, though they've been struggling lately. Hopefully my Nats will keep the positive trend going. It's nice not being the butt of all the nation's sports jokes for a change
    Punkin and MReid like this.

Here's who I root for, not that anyone cares, but what the hey.

AL East - The O's....been to more games in Baltimore than anywhere else. It's nice to see the team doing well again. I used t like the Red Sox as well but I am an anti Big Papi kind of person. Don't like David Ortiz at all.
    AL Central - No one in particular, but I'll be interested in seeing if Chicago or Cleveland or even KC can knock off Detroit which is what I'm hoping for.
    AL West - Always been an Angels fan. I saw my first Angels game long before Angels stadium was built & they were still playin teir home games in Dodger Stadium.

NL East - The Nationals...it's good to see baseball back in the Nations Capitol & if they don't make the World Series this year, with the players they have, something is wrong, really wrong.
    NL Central - The Cardinals have always been my favorite NL team, but I am happy to see Pittsburgh back in the mix.
    NL West - The Dodgers or The Padres. I'm a So. Cal kind of guy. Even if you hate the Dodgers, you'd change your mind if you were listening to Vin Scully call the game over the radio on a lazy Sunday afternoon. There is no one like Vin.
    AshleyPSU, kev89 and MReid like this.

July 20, 1969, the day we first stepped onto the surface. If you were alive where were you? I was in Angels Stadium watching them play the Oakland A's. They announced the moment & asked for a moment of silence, which was immediately followed by tumultuous roars & applause.

I tried to edit the post above, but evidently I was to late, so I'll try again.

I am constantly amazed at what can be found on the internet these days. With just 1 click on the mouse I found the box score for that day over on baseball-almanac.com.

Starting pitchers were Vida Blue for the A's & Andy Messersmith for the Angels. The Angels won 7-3.

Blue was the loser & pitched just 5.1 innings. He was now 0 - 1
    Messersmith pitched 7 innings & was the winner making his record 8-7

The Angels pitching staff limited the A's to just 3 hits on the day.
    Vida Blue gave up two home runs.

The A's lineup included Reggie Jackson, Sal Bando & Rick Monday. The biggest name for the Angels was Jim Fregosi, but they also had Sandy Alomar Sr. who may be better known for his two major league sons who were both pretty good.

Fregois & Bando both had errors that day, but they also both had a hit & they were both doubles. Reggie had a hit & an RBI.

Anywho, there you have it.

I didn't mean to run everyone off
    Punkin likes this.

Pablo Sandoval is making no friends with his ex teammates on the Giants. He & Big Papi together makes for two huge (in every sense of the word) reasons to root against Boston.

+ Reply to Thread