+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wayne Gretzky - outdoor game?

FORT Regular

Wayne Gretzky - outdoor game?

This would be so neat - especially if the Oilers-Canadiens regular season game would be played outside as well!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=43130

There was talk of an Oilers/Flames one too.

I would go to that game, but... damn. Outside for 3 hours in November in Edmonton? I like my toes, thanks.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Gretzky is excited about playing , saying he wants his kids to see him play in an Edmonton uniform. Shows where his heart has been all these years.

I thought the original concept as presented was the Oiler/Flames playing.I don't know how it ended up being the Canadiens.Go buy some new wool socks Ducky ! Its worth it to see the game.

I wonder if Dryden, Gainey ,and Lemaire will suit up for the old guys game...

FORT Regular
    We're planning on going! We're Canadiens fans and my husband is from Vancouver so it'll be a stop on our way to visit home- but I need someone to tell me how cold it's really going to be. I want to brace myself and start buying thermal underwear now!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Thats great ! I'm really wondering what team the Canadiens will field as most of the great ones are coaching or GMing

Ask Ducky she's the cold weather Alberta expert on clothing.

It will be COLD. Like... the afternoon game might not be so bad, -20 to -15, maybe -10 if it's nice. As long as there's no wind. It's the wind that's killer. Night time won't be as nice, could be anywhere from -40 to -20.

I think I should go. I might talk about it with Dylan. And if he says no, I'll say, I'll go with your brother. *nods* Yeah, it would be cool.

Probably won't be able to see squat, but oh well.

As for what you should wear, wool socks are a good idea. Wear them against your skin with sweat socks over them. Wool will absorb any sweat. Wear boots, you'll need it. If you don't have any snowpants, buy some, and wear them. With jeans underneath. Wear a sweatshirt under your parka. Wear mitts, a scarf and a hat. Mitts, not gloves. And try and make sure all that stuff is as wind proof as possible.

That's my advice for you now. I also dn't know what happened to the Flames idea... Probably realized Calgarians are wimps, and they'd all "get injured" the game before and make the farm team play.

FORT Regular
    Wow. Thanks duckgirl!! I'm in for a surprise! I wear a turtleneck to bed in Pennsylvania in December!

(note to self...must buy boots, snowpants and space heater...)

I guess it would be neater for a provincial rivalry game but I think there will be a lot of people who want to play in this one. Kevin Lowe seems like he'll play so I guess Canadiens players like Bob Gainey can play as well.

Well, you will want to check the forecast first. You dont want to show up with half of Columbia's winter products and then have it only be -5, but I would definitely bring mitts, hat & parka regardless.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Well Dryden is looking like he's going to get turfed from the Leafs, so he'll be available...

I have mixed feelings about that. Same with talk about Quinn's possible exit.

What really bothers me is how all teams seem to have this off-season shakeup if they didn't make the conference finals.

Toronto has played very well over the past several years. Is Quinn the greatest coach ever? No, he tends to play favourites and not know when to give up on certain players.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast