+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Ray Rice

Ray Rice

AOL.com Article - Longer Ray Rice video shows spitting, yelling, more

This is BEYOND sickening.

I'd like to know why his ass isn't in JAIL.

SMH.
    prhoshay, momrek06 and jucamer like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Ray Rice

ness and momrek06 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I saw the WHOLE video now. DISGUSTING. HORRIBLE. OMG. VICIOUS.

So last night Talk Radio was discussing this situation.

Knowing NOTHING about RR prior to the elevator video which was only HALF of it. The video with him pulling her out of the elevator. Weeks ago while that part hit the internet, NONE of us
    knew about the VICIOUS PUNCH.

He gets his two game suspension and she marries him. WHATTTTTTTTTTTT? Two game suspension and SHE MARRIES HIM??????????????

Well then yesterday the internet via TMZ got the whole video. SHOCKING. ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING.

BUT BUT BUT, every caller calling into WBZ out of Boston (I stream Boston radio, my hometown) said that the wife and RR are BOTH about the $$$$$.

AND NOW ALL $$$$$$ HAS STOPPPPPPED............oh dear gawd. And she is so ANGRY and takes herself to Instagram. Geez.

Oh and Shay, you mention about her being dead.........I thought, did she even get herself checked out for that AWFUL HEAD INJURY as she went slamming to the floor of the elevator hitting the rail as she went down???? OMG.
    Last edited by momrek06; 09-09-2014 at 12:11 PM.
    ness and Leftcoaster like this.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Both of them admitted to the police what happened on the elevator before the tape came out. So anyone who wanted to know knew what happened without the vouyerism of the video. Being in an abusive relationship is a horrible and terrifying thing. Having the public inject themselves into your decision has to make it even worse. One of the only good things that came from this is many other women speaking up to explain why they stayed in abusive relationships. Janay may be the one asked "why marry him" but many other women can answer that question, and have. I think there's more benefit in listening to them to find understanding that can lead to truly helping women being abused than there is to express outrage about a situation we don't know much about.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

I read her statement. She seems to think it's just their own private business. No it isn't!
    Behavior like this reflects on all women & how they are treated & what men like him think they should be willing to accept.
    No woman should ever accept, justify, excuse, or minimize this type of behavior. Nor should any man.

IT IS NOT OK!!! EVER!!! WITH ANYONE!!! Even in "private".

Rant over.
    Punkin, prhoshay, Florimel and 4 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

ITs not only an abused woman not being able to leave (which is heartbreaking) , I feel, imho, its $$ in her eyes too. For some women being married to a sports star is THE thing and they are willing to overlook anything to keep it. I hope she gets out, surely she has a mom or a sister or a good friend to tell her to.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 09-09-2014 at 03:04 PM.
    ness, momrek06 and jucamer like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

shay, momrek, Scarlet and lib:

Count ME in on the way YOUR thoughts seem to be going.

I'd THOUGHT I was SMH after I read that article before I linked it. But, dear Mother of God, after reading that Instagram post (THANKS, shay!), I think I completely froze and went into shock for a few minutes.

I'm no shrink, BUT . . .

This woman seems to me to be a living, breathing example of a person that has deep-seated Stockholm Syndrome going on. I'm talking totally, ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY mentally off the rails. Either that, and/OR she's over-the-top pissed about all those Dead Presidents she sees flying out her window.

After viewing the video once (and nope, I don't plan on seeing it again; once was all I could take), I wondered, too, why she didn't end up DEAD. And just WHY in the hell she MARRIED this dog, what, two months after that???

I'm sorry, but for most normal, REASONABLY sane women or people, I don't think there would've been enough love or money in the UNIVERSE that could or would've induced them to go ahead and marry this SOB after a cold-cocking and dragging on the filthy ground like that.

And, IIRC, didn't he KICK her, TOO???

Please.

No, this is NOT her own private business. REGARDLESS of what she'd like to think, feel, or believe to the contrary. Yes, he's a public figure, and there is an open season on him, from that standpoint. But even if he WASN'T, something like this refers to and resonates to ALL women and/or MEN that are battered and abused. When we're talking physical/mental abuse, there IS no such thing as "private".

Why?

Because it MAY be HER today . . .

But it could be any one of the REST of us, tomorrow.

As for the mom, sister, or good friend . . .

Maybe she HAS had somebody with her best interest at heart to tell her to leave smoke getting away from him.

Maybe.

But, even if she HAS, it's pretty painfully clear to me --- ESPECIALLY after reading that Instagram post of hers --- that she has NOT been listening to them.

I just don't want to hear/read about her death at his hands.

I'm very afraid that might be where this ends up, though.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Both of them admitted to the police what happened on the elevator before the tape came out. So anyone who wanted to know knew what happened without the vouyerism of the video. Being in an abusive relationship is a horrible and terrifying thing. Having the public inject themselves into your decision has to make it even worse. One of the only good things that came from this is many other women speaking up to explain why they stayed in abusive relationships. Janay may be the one asked "why marry him" but many other women can answer that question, and have. I think there's more benefit in listening to them to find understanding that can lead to truly helping women being abused than there is to express outrage about a situation we don't know much about.
    How can you not feel outrage watching a man hit a woman he supposedly loves so hard that it knocks her unconscious? What level of understanding could I get to where that would be alright? Maybe all the media attention will eventually help her to see how NOT okay his treatment of her really is and then she'll get out.

My godmother worked as an administrator at a shelter for abused women. I've heard lots of stories. I know women often go back MANY times to an abuser before they leave.....and sometimes (too often) they leave in body bags.

The second most horrifying thing about the situation is his now-wife's need to apologize for her role in her husband knocking her out. As if there's some justification for doing that that would make everyone think it was okay. I was waiting for her to apologize to the hotel for the dent her head made on the railing in the elevator.

Somehow, knowing what he did and seeing a video of it are two different things. The sheer force and brutality of the blow was shocking. Seeing her lifeless body there with him nudging her legs with his foot....I felt sick. I hope she comes to her senses and gets away from him before he kills her. I'd bet that it wasn't the first time he'd hit her and it probably wasn't the last.
    ness, momrek06, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I'm sorry that I'm unable to answer your question Critical. Because I never said I did not feel outrage nor did I ever imply it would be alright I can't explain the thoughts I don't have and did not express. Some of the responses directed to Janay disturb me. I don't think that attacking an abuse victim is productive. I don't care for the putting words in her mouth (she's staying for the money). Honestly, I find that sentiment a bit sexist. You responded to remarks I made about the response to the story. Those remarks in no way indicate I lack compassion for Janay. I am filled with compassion and concern for her, and don't need to grandstand on the internet to prove that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sickness, sickness, sickness.
    ness and momrek06 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast