+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Ray Rice

Re: Ray Rice

This story really bugs me because I had a best friend who was abused and beat up repeatedly by her husband. I would not be surprised when this new video broke that he got in her face and blamed this on her too. I think she is scared and afraid of what is going to happen to her and her child. Women stay in these relationships because they think they can change these men.

I remember that press coference they had and she looked scared then when this first came out. There is no way I could defend a man who came at me like a prizefighter and knocked me out in an elevator. I was in a car with my abused friend and my boyfriend at the time. My friends husband had followed us from my job, got out of his car and busted my windshield because he thought she was with my boyfriend. Lucky we had a man with us otherwise we may well have been beaten to death!
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 09-10-2014 at 01:47 AM.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

OMG, MsDiva, on that incident with your GF and her abusive husband smashing your windshield.
    How freaking scary.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    OMG, MsDiva, on that incident with your GF and her abusive husband smashing your windshield.
    How freaking scary.

It was at the time I was like about 30 years old. Apparently he had followed us when we left to go to lunch with my boyfriend down the street to a Sandwich shop. I got out to go into the store to order for us all. When I came out he pulled up behind my car got out with a bat and clobbered my windshield attempted to grab her but my boyfriend grabbed him and put him in a headlock and told me to drive back to the office and call the police.

When we left work we had to have someone follow us home to make sure he was not following us. I can not count the blackeye's and broken bones she had. My friend refused to leave or report him. He was in the military and so was my boyfriend at the time he did report him to the MP's. I had to finally tell her we could not hang out together because I was not risking my life or that of my son who might be in the car next time he pulled that. I was there for her to talk but I just could not risk my child getting hurt I was worried about her own son as well. Our kids used to play together.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    It was at the time I was like about 30 years old. Apparently he had followed us when we left to go to lunch with my boyfriend down the street to a Sandwich shop. I got out to go into the store to order for us all. When I came out he pulled up behind my car got out with a bat and clobbered my windshield attempted to grab her but my boyfriend grabbed him and put him in a headlock and told me to drive back to the office and call the police.

When we left work we had to have someone follow us home to make sure he was not following us. I can not count the blackeye's and broken bones she had. My friend refused to leave or report him. He was in the military and so was my boyfriend at the time he did report him to the MP's. I had to finally tell her we could not hang out together because I was not risking my life or that of my son who might be in the car next time he pulled that. I was there for her to talk but I just could not risk my child getting hurt I was worried about her own son as well. Our kids used to play together.
    My God.

How sad, and scary.

I think severing ties with her was the only thing you could possibly have done, if you were going to be a responsible parent, AND have a care for your OWN life, as well.

Do you know how things finally ended up for her, with this monster?
    Last edited by ness; 09-10-2014 at 08:15 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My grandparents taught me that I was too precious and valuable to be treated like that. Thank goodness.
    libgirl2 and MsDiva2007 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    My God.

How sad, and scary.

I think severing ties with her was the only thing you could possibly have done, if you were going to be a responsible parent, AND have a care for your OWN life, as well.

Do you know how things finally ended up for her, with this monster?
    We recently reconnected on Facebook and through our friends from high school. I know she stayed long enough to have another child with him. Smh we don't discuss it but she at 50 looks like she has lead a rough life and a decade older than she is.

I just wonder how she survived that pregnancy?
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

By God's will.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am just hoping the exposure at least helps someone somewhere. When Rhianna's beaten face was on the cover of a magazine back when that happened, I was in a grocery line behind about five high school girls. One said "OMG, look at that, so scary" and another said "I don't get the big deal, everybody fights" My heart broke into a thousand pieces for what she must have been exposed to in her short life to think that was not only okay, but "just a fight". While we can't figure out why some people stay, we can at least hope that the outrage 99% are feeling gets through to at least one person out there that it isn't okay and people will help you.
    Wag more, bark less

Unfortunately, sometimes people just aren't ready to leave for whatever reason. It is important to leave safely, which could take preparation. Hopefully, you will leave before you are departing the situation with a toe tag and the coroner's permission.

Rumour on the internet is a Text from Teyana Taylor to Ray Rice is what supposedly the couple was arguing about?
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast