+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: College Football 2014-2015

College Football 2014-2015

A place to post as the season begins.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: College Football 2014-2015

I do believe Oregon is out of the national race as of the first game. They won 62-13, but their opponent was South Dakota. At least Mariotta decided to stay in college rather than go to the draft and is now a Junior. It should be a good year for the Ducks, but I wonder about nationally.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Penn State pulled out a close one against UCF in the 8:30am game played over in Ireland!
    Wake up and be awesome

Then again...Oregon whipped Michigan State 42-27. They were behind at the half, but kept on pushing and good things happened. The commentators said that Michigan State plays like Stanford and since Stanford has beat Oregon for the Pac 12 Title two years in a row, this was a good practice game. I hope that is true as USC squeaked out a win against Stanford (at the Farm) today - both Pac 12 teams.
    Cootie likes this.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Tough loss for Ohio State last night. There may be a few more to come with the loss of their star quarterback for the season.
    Wake up and be awesome

GO DUCKS!!!! Oregon made it to the championship game by demolishing Florida State in the Rose Bowl. Still watching the Alabama/Ohio State game...it looks a lot like the Oregon/Florida State game with Alabama ahead before the half.

I'm hoping for an Oregon/Alabama showdown for the championship to be played on 1/12 - a Monday night ESPN game in Arlington, TX.
    Cootie likes this.

Duck fans everywhere are celebrating tonight! I'm looking forward to Jan 12th!

You see...this next game should have been the Rose Bowl in another year: Big 12 winner vs. Pac 12 winner.

It is rather funny that a team from each conference will be playing for the national title. Good on Ohio State for holding off Alabama.

The title game on Jan 12 (ESPN Monday night football) should be a doozy.

FORT Fogey

Very true, only Ohio State is in the Big 10, not 12. I had to laugh at the point made that the sec pushed so hard for a playoff system so they could have two teams in the championship game ... only now they don't have any!

I thought it was Big 10, but an announcer called it Big 12 so I went with it,

Does SEC stand for irony?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast