+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: College Football 2014-2015

Re: College Football 2014-2015

Magnitude-3.5 Earthquake Jolts North Texas
    January 6, 2015

An earthquake centered outside Dallas stunned millions across northern Texas Tuesday afternoon.

The USGS reports the 3.5-magnitude quake was centered just east-northeast of Irving, Texas, at 3:10 p.m. local time.

Irving is 12 miles west of Dallas, and Twitter immediately erupted with reactions from those who felt it across around the metro.

Although office workers report seeing chairs and desks shake, according to NBC 5 in Dallas, there were no reports of significant damage.

USGS records show a dozen quakes in the area over the last three years, but Tuesday's was the strongest.

The quake has eerie timing. Just Monday researchers from Southern Methodist University put a seismograph in Irving to better track the tremors, The Dallas Morning News reports.

USGS joked in its tweet the earth was even excited about next week's upcoming college football national championship game between the Oregon Ducks and the Ohio State Buckeyes, which will be played at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Magnitude-3.5 Earthquake Jolts North Texas | Weather Underground

I found this a fun piece regarding the match up in Texas.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Go, BUCKEYES!!!
    karna68 likes this.
    "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

Go Ducks!!!

Come Back...DUCKS! Please.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Hooray for the Buckeyes!!

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    Hooray for the Buckeyes!!

angelic_one2002 likes this.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I must say, for me the best part of this post-season in college football for me has been gaining a strong respect for Urban Meyer. I've always been a bit indifferent to him. But in the pre and post game interviews he's done in the last three games they've played, I've really been impressed with him. He seems to roll with it when people are dissing his team (and probably uses that for motivation) but after a win is quick to give all the credit and his respect to the players. I think I'm a fan of his now.
    karna68 likes this.

Once again a Bridesmaid. This is the second National Title game where Oregon came in second. They only had themselves to blame with key dropped passes and unable to get beyond the red zone. Maybe next year, maybe not.

Ohio State truly earned the title in the last three games they played. With two players (quarterback and running back) they plowed through the ducks like it was hunting season. CONGRATULATIONS!
    angelic_one2002 and karna68 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12