+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Arielflies
  • 1 Post By football_chick
  • 1 Post By PIMguy

Thread: Pro Football 2014-2015

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Pro Football 2014-2015

A place to post as the season approaches.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Pro Football 2014-2015

Okay, I'm watching the 49er at Cowboy game in Dallas, but I'm wondering if I'm in a San Francisco suburb, as the majority of fan shirts in the dome are red. It is very confusing to hear the loud cheers for the visiting team. Where are you Dallas fans?
    Punkin likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

HA! I was thinking the same thing. Lots of San Fran red in that crowd....

I would also like to give a shout out to the Patriots who I thought were a lock to win this week - I am out of my Survivor Pool in Week 1 *hanging my head in shame*

One more sleep until Monday Night Football! I am so excited to head to the game - downtown Detroit will be crazy with all the Tigers fans (game at 4:05pm) and Lions fans (game at 7:10pm).

I don't think those Dallas fans have a whole lot to make noise about in this game. DH also noted all the red in the seats. I know my son and DIL are there visiting my grandson who had to relocate there for work last March. So I know they are some of those red shirts! Couldn't be a better game to win for SF. It's my son's BD and we have a very long history with Dallas! Nice way to start the season. The Seahawks may dream about having a rivalry with the Niners, but those upstarts will have to wait in line. Our rivals have always been Rams and Cowboys. And today we scored!

Easy to be smack-talking after one game. I'll probably have to eat my words as the season goes on!
    Gravity, it's not just a good idea. It's the law!

Great win today by the 49ers... they look good, so far
    Punkin likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Interesting to be in Baltimore when Ray Rice is fired for knocking his fiancee out cold. Can't imagine WHY she went ahead and married him after that. This will not end well.

Local sporting goods stores have already pulled his memorabilia from the shelves. Apparently, since he was on suspension when the season began, he won't be paid for this season by the Ravens . . . and has had his 2-game suspension from pro football turned into an indefinite suspension. I can't imagine another team will hire him. He's bad news.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Well, if Michael Vick can get a job and not be booed by the fans........
    Gravity, it's not just a good idea. It's the law!

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I don't think those Dallas fans have a whole lot to make noise about in this game. DH also noted all the red in the seats. I know my son and DIL are there visiting my grandson who had to relocate there for work last March. So I know they are some of those red shirts! Couldn't be a better game to win for SF. It's my son's BD and we have a very long history with Dallas! Nice way to start the season. The Seahawks may dream about having a rivalry with the Niners, but those upstarts will have to wait in line. Our rivals have always been Rams and Cowboys. And today we scored!

Easy to be smack-talking after one game. I'll probably have to eat my words as the season goes on!
    Cowboy fan here. No doubt it was a great game by the 9ers, but Dallas and especially Tony Romo could have tried to make it a little harder on them to win. I have friends who will defend Romo to the death, and I tell them we will never win with him. He can do some amazing things and put up some amazing numbers, but he will always give the ball away at the worst time. It is so frustrating that we've mortgaged the team for him, and because of that we don't even draft any young quarterbacks coming up. My boys will not be great again until Jerry Jones wises up and let's someone else make the personnel decisions.

Punkin, enjoy the win, it was well deserved. But you shouldn't measure your team's ability based on this one. It was a win for SF before the game ever started. Well, at least hockey season starts soon, my football season is over.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread