+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Pro Football 2014-2015

Re: Pro Football 2014-2015

Deflate-gate: Patriots Coach Says 'Climatic Conditions' May Have Under-Inflated Balls - ABC News

Does he really think he can treat people like idiots and then expect them to root his team on?

I'd love to see the Patriots get creamed.
    Coco46, Photobabe and MReid like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Deflate-gate: Patriots Coach Says 'Climatic Conditions' May Have Under-Inflated Balls - ABC News

Does he really think he can treat people like idiots and then expect them to root his team on?

In a word, Yes!
    Coco46 and MReid like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post

Yeah but the Colts football wasn't affected by his Bill Nye the science guy experiments. He came up with that theory only after those horrendous press conferences he and Tom Terrific held!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

If they cheated to get to the Super Bowl, then why do they still get to play?

Forgive me. I know nothing about football.
    Photobabe likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post

Because Robert Kraft and the commish are close friends.
    MReid likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    In a word, Yes!
    It was a rhetorical question.
    Punkin and Uncle David like this.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post

Actually, the only fact known: 11 of the 12 footballs were under deflated.
    People tend to make moral judgments based on emotion rather than objectivity.
    So, in short they are playing because there isn't any proof whatsoever Bill Belechick or Tom Brady cheated.
    However, The Seattle Seahawks were caught cheating this season, but they are playing in the Super bowl. In fact, this is the third time in three years The Seattle Seahawks have been fined for cheating. Seattle Seahawks were fined this season for cheating:
    In 2012, the Seahawks were disciplined by the NFL for violating the league’s rules governing contact in offseason practices.

They were fined an undisclosed amount and stripped of two OTA practices for the violation, but that apparently didn’t stop them from crossing the league’s line again this year. When the Seahawks were punished in 2012, Carroll complained that it was unclear what constituted illegal contact during practices and the question has been raised by others during the last few off seasons as well.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Seahawks and coach Pete Carroll have been collectively fined more than $300,000 for again violating the rule. Per Mortensen, Carroll was fined “at least” $100,000 and the Seahawks were fined more than $200,000. In addition, the team will lose two minicamp days during the 2015 offseason.

Like all the rules stemming from the 2011 collective bargaining agreement, the rule barring contact in offseason practices was agreed to by both the NFLPA and the league. NFLPA president Eric Winston is now a member of the Seahawks, but was not with the team in the offseason.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Here's a link explaining why the Seahawks were fined for cheating this year. (though again, this is a repeat offense) so Seahawks fined $300K for violating no-contact rules - NFL.com
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Same here! Particularly rooting against the Pats. Brady is an outright liar. No way a QB can play two quarters of football with 11 of 12 balls under-inflated and not know it. They got away with spy-gate, I hope they don't get away with this one too. (although we all know they will)
    The Colts defender who intercepted the Brady pass knew immediately that the ball was under-inflated and reported it to the refs. Brady may not have deflated the balls himself, but it's inconceivable he didn't know they were under-inflated. In my book that makes him a cheater because he knowing used balls that were not regulation.

Do I think this should keep them out of the Super Bowl? No! I believe they were clearly the better team. However, just as the Seahawks paid a price for cheating I believe the Pats need to be penalized, and I believe that penalty should be severe. Something along the order of the penalties they were assessed after 'Spygate'.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Brady Bunch Super Bowl commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqbomTIWCZ8
    redsox girl likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

+ Reply to Thread