+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Horse Racing

Re: Horse Racing

Thanks again for the heads up. I went and watched the race. I love watching this horse, so beautiful to watch. I love racing of almost any kind. (I love summer Olympics!). I've only been to live horse races once, with a friend and her family. We got there after the races had started and her dad placed a bet on the horse that was the favored one. Then we won $60 on the $2 bet. As it turned out we were betting on the wrong race (2nd instead of 3rd) and that horse had 15/1 odds, and ended up winning. It's one of my favorite memories of that day.
    Punkin likes this.

As unfair as it seems for the winner of both the Derby and Preekness to have to go up against fresh horses, it certainly makes any Triple Crown victory undisputable.

I zoned out Saturday so I just watched online. What a magnificent creature.

The owner said AP loves to race so he's going to continue to race him. Apparently he has already sold off the breeding rights. I wonder how many millions that comes to!

This was a great wn & I hope it sparks some renewed interest in a great sport.

By the way, Victor Espinosa donated his entire share of the winnings to The City Of Hope for Kids With Cancer.
    Florimel and Miss Scarlet like this.

Well, it's that time again. We're off to the races!
    Kentucky Derby was today, kicking off the latest Triple Crown chase. Not the most exciting race. Mud is messy & doesn't lend itself to an attractive looking race.
    We got our winner of the first leg of the Big Three: Always Dreaming took it, but not by a huge margin. He (& his jockey) have their work cut out for them in the next two races.
    Personally I was rooting for One Eyed Patch. A racehorse with only one eye gets my vote. I would have loved the background stories afterwards. But unfortunately a two eyed horse won.
    I'll be rooting for Always Dreaming next race. I love a suspenseful series.
    navybelle likes this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

The Belmont Stakes is today. Last of the Big 3. So far we have 2 different winners, so no Triple Crown winner this year, but hopefully it will still be good. It's the long one.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12