+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Donald Sterling remarks

Donald Sterling remarks

I have to say I am really upset that the NBA is waiting so long to do anything in this situation! If this had been a player that said these despicable things they would have been suspended already. The fact that someone so hateful as this is an owner of a team makes my blood boil. I will definitely not attend another NBA game as long as this man is an owner!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fanatic

Re: Donald Sterling remarks

Truthful question, did you listen to the actual audio? Or are you just going on the snippets played and written in the media?

By asking that question are you implying that the actual audio makes the comments he made seem somehow less horrid? I HAVE listened to the audio that was released and, IMO, it's even worse than just reading the snippets quoted in various articles.

The NBA attorneys have authenticated the recording. It's him.

I'm fine with various groups, sponsors, etc. waiting to act on this. I'm not a fan of knee jerk reactions. Now that the recording has been verified, I'd hope that action will be taken against him. There's no room for that type of attitude in professional sports, particularly from a team owner. I can't imagine how his players must feel.
    Punkin, ness, momrek06 and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Apparently Sterling has a very racist history that has only gone national as a result of his recent viral remarks. Time for him to go.
    ness, momrek06 and MsDiva2007 like this.

I would not comment on something I had not thoroughly researched! Yes I did and it's far worse than any snippet! I also did check on all of his other issues outside of basketball for not allowing black people live in his buildings because we stink! Apparently we don't stink bad enough to line his foul pockets though!
    Punkin, ness, momrek06 and 1 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I heard the recording. Disgusting. Fortunately Neanderthals like this are a dying breed. Literally. We've heard two of these old, rich geezers lately talking about how African Americans were better off as slaves and their ideas are not only abhorrent, but are so far removed from mainstream thinking that you just gasp at the ignorance. What is the matter with that Bimbo who is with him? She's part African American herself and is being sued by the geezer's wife. If she can name one single thing she admires about this dunghole besides his money, than I won't call her a wh*re. Bet she can't.
    ness and overseas like this.

What a vile man.
    ness and bee stung lips like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't understand the women who associate with a cretin like this. I've been reading about him. So many have enabled this jerk and now they can't because it's no longer PC.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I don't understand the women who associate with a cretin like this. I've been reading about him. So many have enabled this jerk and now they can't because it's no longer PC.
    Who recorded him? was that his girlfriend.I haven't read much, I have heard it on TV . That's enough for me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Sterling is a disgrace. He needs to be removed. Period.

2pm eastern time Silver will speak.
    ness likes this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast