+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Winter Olympics - Sochi 2014

Re: Winter Olympics - Sochi 2014

I also thought Tara and Johnny did a good job with commentary. When they put the two commentators in such a small space it looks so awkward when one is talking and the other is looking at them. I've seen it with other pairs in the past and it always makes me laugh because they are all up in each other's personal space!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe many of already knew this, but I didn't until I read that Derek Hough worked with Meryl and Charlie on the choreography for their short program, the one that got them the lead today.

I would really enjoy seeing an ice dancer, such as Tannith Belbin, on Dancing With the Stars. She'd be a ringer, but I think she'd be great tp watch and hardly the first ringer on that show.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I don't know who is commentating cross country with Al Troutwig, but he sounds exactly like Jake Johnson (Nick) from New Girl. It's super distracting. I keep picturing Nick when he's talking
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I seriously wanted to smack that reporter who was peppering Bode Miller with questions about his brother. OF COURSE he's going to get emotional. Quit poking the wound for the cameras. I thought it was scummy. I cried right along with him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The ice dancing was wonderful. No one fell, no one got injured and it was immensely entertaining. Meryl Davis and Charlie White blew me away. I don't know a thing about the scoring and technical points but it was obvious, even before they had finished the routine, that they were the best by far. I could have watched that routine several times without being bored.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    The ice dancing was wonderful. No one fell, no one got injured and it was immensely entertaining. Meryl Davis and Charlie White blew me away. I don't know a thing about the scoring and technical points but it was obvious, even before they had finished the routine, that they were the best by far. I could have watched that routine several times without being bored.
    For me Tessa and Scott won..no matter where they finish I do like Charlie though
    football_chick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Meryl and Charlie are becoming the new Torvill and Dean. You can't get any better than that.

Tessa and Scott were also fantastic, but not quite up to Meryl and Charlie for me. As they two top team, both were amazing.
    sunshine3331 and Photobabe like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Virtue/Moir only earned level 3's on the Finn Step part of the dance. Charlie and Meryl earned level 4's, that's where the difference lies. Here's a tweet from the man who invented the Finn Step.

interesting ...

@cocco I don't understand the judging in #icedancing. @Virtue_Moir should be leading in my honest opinion. #finnstep #Sochi2014
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just finished watching the short program and literally I yawned through Charlie and Meryl .... maybe it was the My Fair Lady music they danced to?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't know who is commentating cross country with Al Troutwig, but he sounds exactly like Jake Johnson (Nick) from New Girl. It's super distracting. I keep picturing Nick when he's talking
    This may be your guy

CHAD SALMELA | NBC Sports Pressbox

+ Reply to Thread