+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey - 2013-2014 Season

NHL Hockey - 2013-2014 Season

Just wanted to say, hockey season starts tomorrow!
    Valar Morghulis

Re: NHL Hockey - 2012/2013 Playoffs

There's a few of us that still care.

This is hilarious (the first bit, Colton Orr's "diary"). For hockey fans only, since we're the only ones who will get why it's funny. I was reading it while waiting in the passport office and disgraced myself by snorting and giggling out loud.

Dave Lozo’s Bag Skate: We have an exclusive look at Colton Orr’s diary and the mailbag is back! | Backhand Shelf | Blogs | theScore.com
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

NHL Hockey - 2013-2014 Season

Taken straight from Colton Orr's diary "I am EXCITANT!!!!!" for this season. I am also excitant that the Red Wings are now in a division where all of their games are against east coast teams. No more late games for me!

Re: NHL Hockey - 2013-2014 Season

The nice thing about being on the west coast is, we often get games at 4 pm and 7 pm. Usually the eastern Canadian teams playing at 4 pm (Montreal is my east coast team) and then the west coast teams at 7 (Go, Canucks!). I really admire the Red Wings, they are one of my favourite teams. Hope they kick butt in their new division!

I love the new structure, although I agree with the hockey writer who said watching the Rangers/Yotes game was like watching teams from two different universes play each other.

As an Ovechkin fan - his stats after two games are making me EXITANT (that really should be a word and always spelled in caps ). 20 shots on goal?? Shut the front door! Dying to see a Caps broadcast now...nothing better than Ovie when he's on point. Fingers crossed for the rest of the season.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Not only is Ovechkin doing well, so it Grabovski. Figures since the Leafs just got rid of him

While I'm a Wings fan first and foremost I have a soft spot for Canadian teams...

How about that kid, Hertl, on the Sharks who scored 4 goals the other night on the Rangers? Wow. 19 years old and he introduces himself to the league like this? CRAZY!

I wanted to feel badly for the Rangers (mostly Alain Vingeault) for that 9-2 loss, but then remembered the Canucks are playing San Jose next (tonight!) and I'm scared we're going to be on the wrong end of a score like that.

I did love Luongo's tweet last night about it:

Strombone ‏@strombone1 14h
    I sure hope someone doesn't Hertl my feelings tomorrow.... #YES #NAILEDIT
    football_chick and AJane like this.

For all the things said about Luongo that guy has a great sense of humour.

I see Hertl got benched after his 4th goal (which was incredible by the way!). Not sure if he was really showboating or just a clueless rookie?

As the Rangers are my team, I felt very badly for them. However...there is something to be said for the sincere joy on a kid's face when he pulls off a feat that great.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    How about that kid, Hertl, on the Sharks who scored 4 goals the other night on the Rangers? Wow. 19 years old and he introduces himself to the league like this? CRAZY!

I wanted to feel badly for the Rangers (mostly Alain Vingeault) for that 9-2 loss, but then remembered the Canucks are playing San Jose next (tonight!) and I'm scared we're going to be on the wrong end of a score like that.

I did love Luongo's tweet last night about it:
    I dunno, sweetpea....I might like to see it if Joe Thornton is responsible. I would link an article to his quote but it is sooooo no PG13. Have you read it? If not, google it. Now that would be showboating.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast