+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Baseball Post Season 2013

Re: Baseball Post Season 2013

5 Nuthin'! And two men left on. Oh, Lordy! A walk and now bases loaded. This is fun! And now 6 Nuthin!!!

Because my team has done so dismally this year I haven't been having an enjoyable season. But I LOVE baseball and the Red Sox are giving me a happy post season!
    redsox girl and AZChristian like this.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

We went out for our nightly 2.3 mile walk and the score was 0-0. We walked back in the front door and I let out a whoop when I saw that the score was 6-0 Sox. But I sometimes think I'm watching Duck Dynasty with all the facial hair on the Boston players!
    Punkin and redsox girl like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I had no idea the World Series was ending last night. I am one of the few people just not caught up in baseball, I guess. Good for the loonies in Boston.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We went out for our nightly 2.3 mile walk and the score was 0-0. We walked back in the front door and I let out a whoop when I saw that the score was 6-0 Sox. But I sometimes think I'm watching Duck Dynasty with all the facial hair on the Boston players!
    Ha, ha! We noticed all the beards too. Up to this season one of the most interesting of our Giants players was Wilson with his dyed black beard and a Mohawk hairdo. Sadly he was injured and they let him go to the dreadful Dodgers (who took the top of our division this year, the buggers!) Last night was a lot of fun to watch. Thanks, Boston!!
    redsox girl and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fogey

I cried with joy when they won!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I cried with joy when they won!
    OMG I did too!!!

What a GREAT game!! Boston is MY city!! We moved to CALI in 2008 for work and we miss Boston every.single.day!

We were on the phone with all our friends and family all night!!

CONGRATS BOYS YOU DID FABULOUS!! I so hope I can see the Parade from CALI but I doubt it.

Combined with last night's win, my SON who grad law school in May and took the Bar in July, found out yesterday he PASSED. GREAT GREAT DAY all around!!
    KAREN

I can't believe I've seen three world series wins for Boston in the past 9 years. I honestly don't believe it. I keep waiting for something to go horribly wrong-from 2004! Some weird reverse call to give it to the Cardinals. I think about all of the people in New England who were born, lived and died w/o witnessing a championship. Suffering so many almost wins, watching defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. I'm going to my pepieres grave tomorrow ( he died before I was born) to put a championship flag on his gravestone. He was a huge Red Sox fan. Never saw them win. Was there when no one else was there to cheer them on. I'll talk to him about this third win-the 95 years since they last won the WS at Fenway Park. I'll tell him I wish he was here so we could hug. But, I'll also know, as silly as it sounds, that he is hugging me.
    Brooks and AZChristian like this.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

An d thank you to all the classy Cards fans who, rather than hating us, extended gracious congrats to us, not only out of respect but also because you realize how deeply this WS means to a city and a part of the country, small as it is, so deeply touched by tragedy. The Boston Red Sox became more than a baseball team this year, they became us. They played for us, they put egos aside. They became Boston, Nashua, Cranston, Burlington, Scarborough Me. They understood the pain we carried from the April bombings. The team members themselves (and this is breaking news) would split up in groups of five on their off days, visiting bombing victims in recovery over and over, visiting those families who lost loved ones, over and over. Reached out to those who jumped into the mayhem to rescue the injured. They honored survivors and the murdered at game after game. I knows it's only a game, but this team chose, on their own, w/o any direction from the owners, to carry us over the finish line. No, it won't change what happened, it won't bring back the dead. However, their acts of reaching out, of playing not for themselves, but for those injured and killed and all those touched by April helps a little. And sometimes a little helps get you through the next minute, the next hour , the next day.

ohhhh crumbs! I am sick as a dog-I can't make it to the rolling rally tomorrow! I'm so sad about that I have to use a wheelchair so no go. Boo!!! I'm hoping the WS trophy takes another tour of New England. Maybe, I can get up close to it. Have to bring my hubby and my Dad (even though he's a lifelong Yankees fan). He was so happy for me when the Sox won in 2004, 2007 and Wednesday. He gave me a sweet, gentle hug and whispered "Good for you." Baseball is the thing which binds us together. Always has, especially through the bleak times in life, when words could not ve used to express deep sorrow. baseball, going to minor league games, was the salve needed for two people who have a hard time expressing feelings.

I'm enjoying everyone's comments. Wish we could keep baseball talk going. With stories and memories in order to malke it through hot stove season. Might ne fun.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast