+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: Nfl 2013 - 2014

Re: Nfl 2013 - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    As a Raider fan I'm always pleased to see Denver get it handed to them. As a Manning fan I feel bad for him. As a fan of the game I'm extremely disappointed. Now I wish I had gone to one of the parties.
    Me too, Uncle David. I expected a much more competitive game.
    As a Badger, though, I'm happy for Wilson.
    Uncle David likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I really knew nothing about Bruno Mars. I had heard his name a lot, but that's it. I really liked his Halftime performance a lot.
    I guess I'll have to pay a bit more attention when the name Bruno Mars comes up. Is he always that good? And is that his usual style of singing/performance? If so I may have a new singer to pay attention to. He's a cutie too.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Loved Bruno Mars & RHCP (wish the show were longer).
    Loved the Doritos time machine commercial (followed by Chobani bear and Doberhuahua).
    Loved that the NFC team won.
    Hated that the game was a blow-out.
    Apparently, Manning believed his own press (as did the rest of the Broncos, apparently) and just phoned it in.
    I know the NFL is seething because they did not get the storyline they wanted! This is what happens when you do everything possible to tongue bath certain players and shove them down the throats of your fans. Everyone with sense knows Peyton is a choke artist in the big game!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Congratulations to my NFC Division mates! We can see that our team (Niners) got beat by the best team in the NFL (by only 5 points). This could be a new team of the decade, they are so young. Happy to think of the crazy party Seattle is having. No feeling like it. Except a World Series win.

Favorite commercial? Bob Dylan, hands down. Not only his voice and music, but his message. I've never even driven a foreign make of car. I am happy to see our auto industry and auto workers coming back. (Oldest son and DIL just bought a 300 and it is Fine! Though I've only ever bought GM.)

(Heh, I mentioned Baseball in the football thread. I am incorrigible.) :>)
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

Only saw part of the game- Denver got thumped! the halftime show was why we tuned in
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I know the NFL is seething because they did not get the storyline they wanted! This is what happens when you do everything possible to tongue bath certain players and shove them down the throats of your fans. Everyone with sense knows Peyton is a choke artist in the big game!

Consider yourself high-fived. Heck, I'll even throw in a hug and peck on the cheek. Beautifully said! I am not a Seattle fan, but I rooted for them because I cannot stand to hear how great Peyton is time and time again. Regardless of what the media tells you, he is not capable of catching his own passes! Wondering how they're gonna spin this one.
    Ellen likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I didn't see what all of the hoopla was about the RHCPs. All they do is jump around and scream a lot; nothing melodic about it. I put them in the same category I place rap music....... What is their point?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I didn't see what all of the hoopla was about the RHCPs. All they do is jump around and scream a lot; nothing melodic about it. I put them in the same category I place rap music....... What is their point?
    Different strokes. I like them maybe because I already like their recorded music.
    In the halftime concert, though, I liked Bruno Mars's performance more.
    Last edited by Ellen; 02-03-2014 at 11:36 AM.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Really expected a much more competitive game, and I didn't have a sense at all about who would win. I'm a Bronco fan, but do enjoy the Seahawks home games. They have something very unique with the 12th man up there. Still a bit shocked the Broncos never got anything going.

Loved the Cheerios commercial with the little girl negotiating a puppy, and the Kia commercial with Morpheus singing opera

Congrats to the Seahawks on their first, no question about it, Super Bowl championship!
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Viewed alot more than a collective Broncos team choke than it being about Manning. I did lean heavily toward the Seahawks prior to the game having heard so much about Manning, but that painful thrashing wasn't what I'd been looking forward to watching. Nor having to view Manning's brother, the dude he was supposedly dedicating the game to watching on in horror and unable to leave as I may have after the game was way past being decided.

I liked the puppy and horses and the little sister dog wrangler commercials.

Liked the national anthem, mostly, for a change, as well.

+ Reply to Thread