+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: Nfl 2013 - 2014

Re: Nfl 2013 - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Sorry about the Traitors thing, Leftcoaster and Uncle D. Naughty me! I take it back. Every dog has his day, and those dogs are overdue for a winning team again. :>)
    Don't take it back. Like our late president correctly stated, 'You're either with us or against us'.

Back in the day, I couldn't personally conceive how ANY team could be as lowly as the Bengals, year after year, draft after draft remain as the lowliest. Now the Raiders apparently hold that lowly slot, even with all the killer culture that came before.

Go figure.
    Punkin likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

While shopping today for milk, bread, eggs and toilet paper to get me through the upcoming east coast blizzard, I also picked up some things for SuperBowl Sunday. That got me to thinking about the halftime performance and the fact that I might actually watch this year since I do like Bruno Mars (you can laugh if you want). That lead to thinking about the National Anthem and who might be on tap to screw it up this year. Googled it and was surprised at this years choice. I'm willing to give the girl a chance. I know she's got the pipes and she's certainly a better choice than some we've had to endure (Roseanne, anyone?)

Super Bowl 2014 National Anthem Singer: Performer Info and Prop Bet Lines | Bleacher Report
    Leftcoaster likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    While shopping today for milk, bread, eggs and toilet paper to get me through the upcoming east coast blizzard, I also picked up some things for SuperBowl Sunday. That got me to thinking about the halftime performance and the fact that I might actually watch this year since I do like Bruno Mars (you can laugh if you want). That lead to thinking about the National Anthem and who might be on tap to screw it up this year. Googled it and was surprised at this years choice. I'm willing to give the girl a chance. I know she's got the pipes and she's certainly a better choice than some we've had to endure (Roseanne, anyone?)

Super Bowl 2014 National Anthem Singer: Performer Info and Prop Bet Lines | Bleacher Report
    Wannabe tease, are you?

C'mon, be a pal, who's going to torture us next?.

That is the WORST aspect that being a fan of the NFL affords, in my view, not watching someone trying to remove someone's head from someoneelse's body AFTER a horrifically illegal hit, no No NO, it's having to endure some jackass or jackassess in love with their own voice for some ultra weird reason that demonstrates their hate for humankind.

Watching the fools song the national anthem reminds me of Arlo Guthrire chanting 'I WANT TO KILL!!!'

Could they spend a half dozen years INTENDING to screw up one song more than they do?
    Punkin likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I hadn't intended to tease you Leftcoaster. The link should take you to the "secret". If not, the answer is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Opera Singer Renee Fleming

I totally agree about the 'in love with their own voice' part. So many performers (not singers, they don't deserve the title) make the song all about the notes they can hit and the riffs they can run. Learn the words and sing it as it was meant to be song. Give the song the respect it deserves and be done. The honor should be in being asked to perform it a "prestigious" event such as a Superbowl or an Inauguration.
    Leftcoaster likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I admit to being a purist when it comes to the performance of the Nation Anthem. I do, however, have an exception that makes the rule. In 1991 Whitney Houston brought me to tears when she opened the Super Bowl XXV with her short, sweet and enthusiastic rendition.
    Punkin likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I was listening to a station today that played a bunch of different Super Bowl National Anthems. Whitney Houston is still the best by far. She's the only artist that had her rendition actually make it on to the charts. I miss her.
    Punkin likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

To gear up for Sunday's Super Bowl... some of the best commercials from last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgP8MO2KbdA

I love them all! My favorites are the Budweiser commercial and "So God Made A Farmer". Enjoy!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Hmmmmm. Is it possible the Rams could move back to LA? The Rams owner just bought a large parcel of land in Inglewood.

Y! SPORTS

Other potential NFL franchises that could be candidates to move to Los Angeles include the San Diego Chargers and the Oakland Raiders, which also were located in L.A. previously.
    (!)

In 2017 the Superbowl will be held in the new 49'er stadium in Santa Clara.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Hmmmmm. Is it possible the Rams could move back to LA? The Rams owner just bought a large parcel of land in Inglewood.

Y! SPORTS

(!)

In 2017 the Superbowl will be held in the new 49'er stadium in Santa Clara.
    That does read like news about a land purchase in Inglewood.

I'm not a 49er fan, seems like everyone over time likes to pad their wallet.

Edited to add: Unsurprising that the newest league stadium gets some attention.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought this day would NEVER come!!! Now, I've just got to make it to 6 p.m.!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread