+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: Nfl 2013 - 2014

Re: Nfl 2013 - 2014

I think fashion, even in uniforms, is completely subjective. I agree with some of the choices listed, but disagree with most of them. What appeals to me may or may not appeal to anyone else.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This site doesn't work well for me, and I tried it more than once. Boo-Hiss.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This site doesn't work well for me, and I tried it more than once. Boo-Hiss.
    Every time I click on a link for a story on Fox Sports, I have nothing but trouble. Even on my brand new computer.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

To the Point

If you haven't seen this video, it is worth the time. I always worry when I post a link, so as usual, if it isn't okay I apologize. This is really funny. I can't even imagine....

Y! SPORTS

Thanks, SC! That was soooooo cool!!!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Anyone else hearing that it's possible the Superbowl could be played on a day other than Sunday?

Weather contingencies were apparently put in place in case of a blizzard. Well duh, they knew the game was going to be played:

*at an OUTDOOR stadium
    *in Jersey
    *in February

Super Bowl XLVIII: Date subject to change - Chicago Tribune
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Meteorologist Ginger Zee now expects it to take place on Feb. 2, as scheduled.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Football can't be much fun....which is a requirement for me.....if you have a scary attitude about it. I can really get into it, and I like to really whoop it up! I can do that even if I'm watching it by myself!

Denver AND Seattle have some of the ugliest uniforms on the planet. I've never liked orange, and Seattle's neon shoes are hideous. Who picked this crap out???
    I was liking the way the Seattle look that last game. I don't view them often enough now to know whether that is their standard look, or whether they were playing dress up for the moment, uniforms in the NFL changing as often as they appear to do to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I'm not certain why the Niners and Seahawks are supposed to be rivals. The only genuine rivalry SF has is with LA. If LA doesn't have a football team, then we don't have a real, "hate their guts" rival. I feel the Seahawks are just a substitute until LA can get a team again. I despise the Dodgers as I used to despise the Rams. But the Seahawks, meh. I love Washington state! Lived there once for a little time. Hard for me to get a hate on for their team.

On this side of The Bay we like to call the Raiders the Traitors. You know, they dumped Oakland for LA, couldn't make it there and came wimpering back. Sure, it's a cheap shot. But that's football. Cheap shots. :>)
    I don't agree with you. Using the Raiders/Traitors as a benchmark. The Niners are supposedly geared to an LA team?

The Raiders have MANY enemies.

The Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, they are a given.

But then you have to add, at the very least, the Seahawks, Steelers, Dolphins, oh YEAH, baby, Patriots, have to add the Jet's as well.

@^%* the NFC, we have enough payback to measure out in the AFC.
    Punkin likes this.

Sorry about the Traitors thing, Leftcoaster and Uncle D. Naughty me! I take it back. Every dog has his day, and those dogs are overdue for a winning team again. :>)

+ Reply to Thread