+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: Nfl 2013 - 2014

Re: Nfl 2013 - 2014

If the Pats lost to the Broncos, two of the local Boston tv newscasters were supposed to put on Bronco helmets and go out in public to ask for directions to Omaha. I only ever saw them put on the helmets, for all of a few seconds.

I'm pretty sure now that the Pats lost that football season is over for the year. ;^)
    Punkin likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We'll see the Patricias next year.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Boy....you really took it personally, didn't you?

I could never begrudge talent, whether they were playing for my team or not. Good is good; great is great no matter who it is. I am happy when my team wins; bummed when they don't. I am lost when my favorite QB leaves where I am used to him being and it can take me some time to get back on my football feet. OMAHA!!!!

I'm trying to care about Denver but, for now, it's more Peyton and Denver, by default.
    Yeah. I took it too personally. Finally acknowledged that, moved on. Lost a lot of years of overall football during the process of awakening.

I'll cheer on the Seahawks, I'm thinking, this time around. It isn't about one player like a Manning for me, unless the oldtimer is on his farewell tour. Then I applaud age. Manning still has some legs; this time I'll root for a team.

Seahawks.

Edited to add:

I saw I wasn't alone before in the way I approached football. Made the start of the week suck at work the first couple of days for many more than just me when their team lost.

I prefer baseball in that regard. One game doesn't matter all that much, even when you're blown out.
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 01-23-2014 at 05:58 PM.

I'm not certain why the Niners and Seahawks are supposed to be rivals. The only genuine rivalry SF has is with LA. If LA doesn't have a football team, then we don't have a real, "hate their guts" rival. I feel the Seahawks are just a substitute until LA can get a team again. I despise the Dodgers as I used to despise the Rams. But the Seahawks, meh. I love Washington state! Lived there once for a little time. Hard for me to get a hate on for their team.

On this side of The Bay we like to call the Raiders the Traitors. You know, they dumped Oakland for LA, couldn't make it there and came wimpering back. Sure, it's a cheap shot. But that's football. Cheap shots. :>)
    Ellen likes this.

Football can't be much fun....which is a requirement for me.....if you have a scary attitude about it. I can really get into it, and I like to really whoop it up! I can do that even if I'm watching it by myself!

Denver AND Seattle have some of the ugliest uniforms on the planet. I've never liked orange, and Seattle's neon shoes are hideous. Who picked this crap out???
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Football can't be much fun....which is a requirement for me.....if you have a scary attitude about it. I can really get into it, and I like to really whoop it up! I can do that even if I'm watching it by myself!

Denver AND Seattle have some of the ugliest uniforms on the planet. I've never liked orange, and Seattle's neon shoes are hideous. Who picked this crap out???

Definitely not a woman lol
    Ellen and Brooks like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Amen! Exactly what I thought, too!

But have you seen those ridiculous Bumble Bee uniforms the Steelers wear once a year? I'd be so embarrassed if I were those guys.
    prhoshay and Ellen like this.

Quite likely, a straight guy. After one too many beers.
    Punkin likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread