+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: Nfl 2013 - 2014

Re: Nfl 2013 - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Since we're talking baseball in the football thread....why don't we just start a discussion on tiddlywinks, too? Pick-Up-Stix? Ping Pong? Hopscotch??

We are an unruly bunch. :>)
    Ellen likes this.

I would like to remind every one (prhoshay) that a baseball thread was started a couple of days ago and the discussion has been moved. If you want a tiddlywinks thread, you will have to start one yourselves.
    Punkin likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And I thank you for the baseball thread!! I saw that thread. You are a wonderful woman, Charlie Brown!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-21-2014 at 01:21 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Since we're talking baseball in the football thread....why don't we just start a discussion on tiddlywinks, too? Pick-Up-Stix? Ping Pong? Hopscotch??

How about Jacks?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Exactly!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'd always liked the Seahawks, even, or particularly when they matched up against the Raiders.

I watched this game rooting for both sides, not being a Niner hater anymore.

The Niners got screwed a couple of times in the offinating, but they were screwed over more by their quarterback. I like him, but it won't go down as one of his best days. That last interception wasn't on him, in my view, still counts that way overall. The Niners beat themselves as much as the Seahawaks did, as that graceless 'choking' penalty at the end indicated.

When they said that the Seahawks and the Niners didn't like each other, they weren't kidding, were they? Whoa!!!! Save the drama for yo' Mama!!!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

As a Raider fan I hate both the Broncos and the Seahawks. However, I'm a Manning family fan. So, Denver it is.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I've always liked the Seahawks more than the Broncos. I guess I'll root for them, but either team winning from what I still regard as the AFC West is good, in my book.

I stepped back from football when I recognized how much I was investing into it internally.

When the Raiders lost a game they should have won, it wasn't just a game, it affected me outside the game. I had to learn first to embrace them screwing up, cheering for a terrific horror story instead of a win (YEAH! Another fumble!, chase a not going to happen win with ANOTHER interception, YEAH!, kind of thing).

What drew me away from football was being so wound up in it that it not only affected me when my team lost, but that I hated others so much that as it occurred, I never got to appreciate a Joe Montana, Steve Young, or John Elway's efforts. They played for teams I hated, that was all I was able to grasp.

Backing away from my over affection for the Raiders enabled me to appreciate the GAME of football better.

Edit to add: I STILL believe the 49ers of then were incredibly lucky, and calls always seemed to go their way when it counted. I used to not jokingly joke about the referees being weighed down by the extra bucks in their wallets. As much as I took exception to the team, it was the obnoxious 49er fans that got my goat the most. Forever faithful fans that couldn't tell you who Brodie was. Bandwagon jumpers. Never cared for their ilk, regardless of the team they'd supposedly been cheering on all along.

The Raiders are still my team, losers as they are. One day, they'll be winners again, and there'll be posers who maintain that they cheered all along, instead of the reality of cheering on whoever is currently on top, regardless of area or conference they belong to.
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 01-23-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Boy....you really took it personally, didn't you?

I could never begrudge talent, whether they were playing for my team or not. Good is good; great is great no matter who it is. I am happy when my team wins; bummed when they don't. I am lost when my favorite QB leaves where I am used to him being and it can take me some time to get back on my football feet. OMAHA!!!!

I'm trying to care about Denver but, for now, it's more Peyton and Denver, by default.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread