+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: Nfl 2013 - 2014

Re: Nfl 2013 - 2014

If someone wants to start the 2014 Baseball thread, that would be nice...oh, ,maybe I will.
    Punkin and Ellen like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

So, if we're going there, Oakland Athletics's were originally the Kansas City athletics, a baseball team. And we had the New York Giants, a baseball team, and the New York Football Giants, a football team.

Sports were so much more fun back then when players played for love of the game and fans got more of a kick from loving their team and their sport than for hating opposing teams and even the less privileged could afford to go to the games.
    Ellen likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My alma mater's quarterback is going into the NFL draft; he has graduated after 3 years, with one more year of eligibility left! I hate to see him go because he has been such a joy to watch. I call him "my little chocolate Peyton Manning"! They are expecting him to go to Houston. He could stand to add some weight, but he's going to bear watching!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

2 heads are better than 1 MrMet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    So, if we're going there, Oakland Athletics's were originally the Kansas City athletics, a baseball team. And we had the New York Giants, a baseball team, and the New York Football Giants, a football team.

Sports were so much more fun back then when players played for love of the game and fans got more of a kick from loving their team and their sport than for hating opposing teams and even the less privileged could afford to go to the games.
    Just pickin' nits here, but you're right, the Oakland A's were once the Kansas City A's for about 10 years, but before that, they were the Philadelphia A's for the longest time. The franchise just gradually moved east to west. The Atlanta Braves were once the Milwaukee Braves, but were originally the Boston Braves. And yes, the San Francisco Giants were originally the New York Giants, and there was (still is) a football team named the New York Giants. And the Yankees used to be the Highlanders, which used to be the Baltimore Orioles. But that's another story altogether.

Football? Oh yes...I guess I lean towards the Broncos, although it would be pretty cool to see the Seahawks win, since they've never won a Super Bowl before.

And the NY Dodgers came west at about the same time as the Giants and became the LA Dodgers. We've been natural rivals from way back!

Um, that is the Brooklyn Dodgers. Is that the same thing?
    Florimel likes this.

Not according to Brooklyn.
    Florimel likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Since we're talking baseball in the football thread....why don't we just start a discussion on tiddlywinks, too? Pick-Up-Stix? Ping Pong? Hopscotch??

"...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

To the Point

Hopscotch?! Haven't played that in years. It just isn't quite the rage it once was.

I'll be okay with either the Broncos or Seahawks winning. There are players on both teams for whom I have a soft spot.

Good one!!!

Can hardly wait for February 2!!!! OMAHA!!!!

+ Reply to Thread