+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: Nfl 2013 - 2014

Re: Nfl 2013 - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    It's on Sunday afternoon, not tomorrow. The Packers have hired people at $10 an hour to clear off the seats. Good news for those outside the regional broadcast areas - the stadium sold out! I wonder how many, though, will actually show up.
    Green Bay? Lambeau will be filled. And more than one group of Cheesehead guys, I'm certain, will be shirtless at any given time.
    Punkin likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My sister phoned me from Florida where she was visiting her daughter and she asked me what day it was. I said, "It's New Years Eve!". She said, "No, what day of the week is it?" I answered with certainty, "It's Wednesday, December 31st!"

I'm retired and don't have to keep track of such things. But, yes, I did realize at some time today that I was, again, off. :>)
    Ellen and Arielflies like this.

Whew! Yay! And my second favorite team, the Saints, won too!

I guess I'm a bit disappointed because I thought that with the dire weather predictions I would see teams playing in horrid blizzardy conditions with, maybe, whiteouts! Instead all I got was dead grass and some shivery players. Good game Greenbay. You had me on the edge of my seat!
    Ellen likes this.

Wow! Close, good game. Of course I'm happy with the outcome, but I could have been sad just as easily. They showed afterward that the last field goal was almost blocked.
    Punkin likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Not happy with the Packers loss, but glad (and shocked, actually) that the Chargers won.
    My Plan B? I would love to see Rivers try to take on Brees! (I'm one of those who is still ticked off about TIIC who jumped the gun in giving Brees the boot after his shoulder surgery.)
    Punkin and football_chick like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Not happy with the Packers loss, but glad (and shocked, actually) that the Chargers won.
    My Plan B? I would love to see Rivers try to take on Brees! (I'm one of those who is still ticked off about TIIC who jumped the gun in giving Brees the boot after his shoulder surgery.)
    I was not surprised by the chargers win at all. They have won against all the playoff afc teams this season except for the pats. They did not play the patriots this season. The bengals biggest liability is Andy dalton he is iffy at best. I would love to see Drew and Phillip too.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

If the Niners beat the Panthers, and If the Saints beat the Seahawks, San Francisco and New Orleans would play at Candlestick Park. That would be funny because after the final scheduled game at The Stick some season ticket holders decided to take their seats with them as souvenirs. A few were caught and arrested. Those who got away with their seats would have to sit on the cement beneath those missing seats. :>)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Today - January 6th - is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year (although I confess I have no idea WHY) . . . . . unless you are a Packer's fan.

Wow. The bitterness of posts on FB is really uncalled for. They go way beyond the game of football, or even sports as a whole. When you start attacking the supposed sexual orientation of a player, you really need to check yourself. Get a grip . . . it is, after all, a GAME. If you live and die by what happens on the field, may I suggest you really aren't "living" at all.

Stepping down now......
    Punkin, Ellen, Florimel and 1 others like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

wow who was doing that?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Some goofy, or perhaps evil, people spreading rumors about Aaron Rogers' sexuality if I'm correct about Little sew&sew's reference.

Who should care? He came real close to kicking my hometown's butt. When did every body's business become every other bodies business?

+ Reply to Thread