+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 2013 Super Bowl

Re: 2013 Super Bowl

I am originally from Baltimore and most of my family is still there, loved the win for the Raven. I will miss Ray Lewis next season. I am girl who loves defense so my fave players are all on defense.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

David Letterman mentioned to Joe Flacco that the power outage was a little suspicious. Flacco said that his father is a conspiracy theorist. Letterman than joked about Jim Harbaugh being responsible for the power outage. The ratings for this Super Bowl were very good: it was the third highest rated TV show in history. The first and second rated TV shows were the past two Super Bowls.

A friend of mine suggested that the 49ers have had opportune blackouts before. Suggesting that someone from their team took out the lighting,lol. Keep in mind this person lost $1000 bet on this game so his thinking is suspect.lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I've read about people suggesting that the NFL turned the power off... supposedly it was about all about money involving the commercials. If the 49ers could get back in the game, more people would keep watching the game... and the commercials. I've heard that there's always at least a little bit of truth in gossip.

FORT Fogey

Jacoby Jones is scheduled to be on Jimmy Kimmel on Thursday, and John Harbaugh is scheduled to be on David Letterman on Thursday.

I do believe the power outage was what it was, an overloaded transformer or lines from the outside effecting just the circuits on one side. But, don't you love all the conspiracy theories?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Even on CNN this morning they were joking about the "emergency" meeting being held today about the outage, what, 5 days after the game? They are saying it was a faulty... some word like switch, but not that...something small, not a transformer or something big.

To the Point

From what I remember, I believe it was said to be a faulty relay switch.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    From what I remember, I believe it was said to be a faulty relay switch.
    Right that was it. Of course a good conspiracy theorist would not believe that!

Lots of criticism of B's costume as being dancing around in her undies from the right. Seriously? Just read a story that there are now directives re costumes/dresses for the Grammies! Lots of luck getting those folks to dress conservatively!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I sure was glad that the 49er's had a weak quarterback!! His accuracy was questionable, at best. He did a good job on his end zone run, though.....too bad that didn't translate to his throwing arm. Between that sweet run-back TD the lengthof the field and Beyonce's performance, THOSE were what caused that power outage!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234