+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 2013 Super Bowl

Re: 2013 Super Bowl

The only commercials I still remember are the old people one for Taco Bell, the Budweiser Clydesdale one, and the farmer one. Most of them were just blah. All the performances were awesome, especially half time. The game was interesting and had drama so overall is was entertaining. Not quite as much as 2 years ago, but that's because my team wasn't playing
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

The game was pretty good. I didn't have a favorite team, but the end, especially, was exciting.
    The halftime show, I didn't watch. Ran out to the store for a few minutes.
    The power outage & subsequent 45 minute dead spot was awful. I would have turned it off completely, except I didn't want to miss any good commercials.
    The commercials were adequate at best. Only 3 stood out as ones I liked:
    The Farmer one was my favorite.(Dodge Ram) It also helped that I always loved Paul Harvey.
    The Joe Montana Pizza Stain (Tide) was entertaining & memorable.
    The Stevie Wonder Voodoo ones (Bud Light), were fun & a little odd. I like odd. And I like Stevie Wonder.

Best part of game: I won my Super Bowl pool!
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Is football more important than anything?
    Yes. Yes, it is.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

My favorite commercial was the Stevie Wonder Voodoo "Lucky Chair" commercial, which I guess, was actually a Bud Light commercial.

The commercials are usually more memorable than the product they were trying to sell us.

As a die-hard born and bred Steelers fan, I would not have been sad to see the 49ers TIE us for Super Bowl wins. They haven't been to the Big Game since Clinton was in office so their "next time" will probably be a long time coming. Glad that they came roaring back and made it a close one. Takes away some of the bragging rights for the Ratbirds.

Between the use of the R word and the use of the F word, I really truly believe Joe Flacco needs to buy a dictionary and a thesaurus and do some reading in the off season.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Yes. Yes, it is.
    Sorry chris, but NO. No, it's not.

The best thing about the Super Bowl is that it means football season is O-V-E-R!

Sometimes I tune in to watch the halftime show, but I didn't even do that this year. Can't stand Beyonce.

I watched the Puppy Bowl yesterday. Much more entertaining.
    AmyKay and chrisg like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Sorry, Crit , I was in a hurry earlier but I saw that question hanging there begging for an answer and I just couldn't resist .

Here is my short version of a longer analysis, though, for anyone who picked the Superbowl over the Puppy Bowl (which I would totally watch also ):

I really thought Phil Simms was off-base when he said that it was a “good no call” with regard to holding in the end zone and he was downright bizarre when he said he could understand Colin Kaepernick letting the clock run down because “there’s a lot going on down there”. Maybe if he said Colin has only started ten NFL games and there is tremendous pressure in this one it would have made some sense.

Regardless of who won the game, though, I think Colin Kaepernick has next superstar of the NFL written all over him. After watching him over the last several weeks, he just has the total package of threat abilities. And I love that he gives Brett Favre credit for his style of play because even though Favre never had the running ability, Brett really was the high profile precursor to Tebow and RGIII and Russell Wilson because he took the quarterback position out of the pocket in such an aggressive way that it altered the game forever and was so inspirational.

So the 49ers have a superstar quarterback, an offensive line that can probably only be rivaled by the Cowboys’ O-line of the ‘90s and the 2nd ranked defense in the NFL behind Mariner’s Seahawks, I think. The Ravens have an aging team, though, and a now finally retired Ray Lewis. So, in that sense, the future looks much brighter for the 49ers. Just what the NFC needs, more competition!

And I was at a Superbowl party so there was a lot of talking during the commercials but the one that everyone stopped talking to watch was the Montana vision on the jersey.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: the non-holding call. I thought the ball was un-catchable (too high and outside) but, then, that call would have given them another down. That is a problem Colin has to work on...his arm is very strong (he was a college pitcher as well) and when he throws too hard it tends to float up. There was one terrific hard throw where he was able to keep the ball low and threaded the needle.

Now we have to find a new place kicker. Akers was hurt when he was upended, even if he was denying it...you could see it. The next time he kicked off, he didn't even make the end zone. That first kick off in the third quarter was such a line drive that it set up the return man perfectly and caught the defense flat footed. After that "gift" of a touch down, the lights went out. Thank goodness. With the three point difference in the last minute, I'm actually glad they didn't get it in range for him to miss another field goal for the tie, as he has been all season. In fact, the Niners were in position to beat the Rams, but his missed field goal in overtime with time running out, left the game in a tie. He kicked a record setting field goal early in the season, then produced squat. Last year he was such a huge star for the team...this year - sayonara.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Only 212 days until kickoff on September 5th!

Loved Beyonce! Destiny's Child I could have done without... the other 2 mics weren't even that loud.

Found the game to be a bit of a snooze fest at the beginning but was happy it picked up after the power outage. Man, is Jim Harbaugh intense!

As for the commercials...

My favourites were the Dodge Ram "Farmer" commercial, the Jeep (Troops), the Joe Montana stain, the Clydesdale and my most favourite was the Doritos "Goat 4 Sale".

The Go Daddy one was gross... a caller on a local radio station this morning said it sounded like someone was stirring macaroni and cheese when the 2 of them were making out.

FORT Fogey

Joe Flacco, the Ravens' quarterback, is scheduled to be on the David Letterman show tonight, (Monday). I read that the half time show couldn't have caused the power outage, because it ran on generated energy, and not on energy from the power grid at the stadium.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

At my house, we blamed my recently departed FIL for the outage. Because of it and the Niners comeback we won $100 on a football square!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast