+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 2013 Super Bowl

Re: 2013 Super Bowl

Back to despair. The Niners put up a good fight after the blackout, but not enough at 34-31. NEXT YEAR!
    PWS likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

One more funny commercial was the Joe Montana stain on the jersey, which becomes a shrine of hope for all forty-niner fans. Then one day the jersey is missing and the wife says, "Oh, I washed it. It was stained." As the fan cries, she turns to the camera and says, "Go Ravens." This was one of the last commercials run before the end of the game. So prescient...so sad.
    NCLurker and libgirl2 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Go DADDY anyone?
    Was that the sexy/smart one they had at the end...?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    One more funny commercial was the Joe Montana stain on the jersey, which becomes a shrine of hope for all forty-niner fans. Then one day the jersey is missing and the wife says, "Oh, I washed it. It was stained." As the fan cries, she turns to the camera and says, "Go Ravens." This was one of the last commercials run before the end of the game. So prescient...so sad.
    Yes, I liked that one also...

WTG Ravens
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I did not like any of the commercials!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

It was a good game. I was surprised to see that both of the head coaches were brothers. (I didn't watch any previews of the game). I think the Ravens would have won more easily if there hadn't been a power failure. After the power failure, a cameraman pointed his camera at the overhead lights to "tell" the viewers that the power was off. Because of the extended half time and the power failure, the game had a lot of filler, just like some reality TV shows! I didn't watch the commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Because of the extended half time and the power failure, the game had a lot of filler
    That "filler" was the most boring sports I have ever seen. How many stupid ways can you speculate how the outage will affect the team that's being trounced? I wanted to see commercials, and to watch whichever team had the male/female cheerleading stunts.

Commercials were kind of boring. I still love the Robert Goulet commercial from a few years ago. It was so totally off the wall it worked.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

There was some type of dancing at halftime, which went on and on. I just wanted them to get back to the game. At least during the power outage they were talking about football and didn't have dancing or singing. They said the athletes were professional and the delay wouldn't affect them... but, the delay gave the 49ers a chance to regroup. Without the delay, I think the 49ers might have given up... but, because of the delay, the 49ers were playing better, and the Raven defense seemed to be taking it easy. Also, there were unusually long lines at the supermarket before the game. I've never seen such long checkout lines before. Is football more important than anything?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast