+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: 2012/13 NFL Playoffs

2012/13 NFL Playoffs

Just curious (since we got kicked off another thread lol), who's rooting for which team this year?

Me, the Redskins. I've been a fan for the past 48 of my 49 years. I don't count the first year since I wasn't able to vocally cheer them on yet lol. I am nervous for tomorrow's game. I sure hope they manage to get past Seattle!
    Ellen likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Re: 2012/13 NFL Playoffs

I do, too, but then I've been a 49er fan since the 70's and the Redskins are always bad news in a playoff. They have "robbed" us more than once so I should be rooting for the Seahawks, but no...going with the Redskins for the win - but only against Seattle.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Since my Lions are out... I am rooting for the Broncos. Only because I want Peyton to win another Superbowl... his comeback story is incredible.

I am also impressed by Russell Wilson... no one thought he had what it took. There was article in the most recent issue of ESPN magazine that talked about Pete Carroll having the stones to sit Flynn and start Wilson. Love this time of year!
    chrisg likes this.

I love it too! I am about to start making some snacks for the big game. Beer cheese dip, and pizza dip. I don't eat it, but the guys slurp it up lol.
    beerbelly likes this.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    Since my Lions are out... I am rooting for the Broncos. Only because I want Peyton to win another Superbowl... his comeback story is incredible.

I am also impressed by Russell Wilson... no one thought he had what it took. There was article in the most recent issue of ESPN magazine that talked about Pete Carroll having the stones to sit Flynn and start Wilson. Love this time of year!
    I find that I am torn about so many of the match-ups....I love the Indy story because of their coach's battle w/cancer and how the team has rallied. I'm not a Raven's fan at all, but I have always admired the competitiveness of Ray Lewis, and I appreciate when a player is smart enough to recognize the wisdom in retiring at the right time.

I grew up in a family of Redskin fans. I would love to see them win. That being said, I am a Russell Wilson fan. He may have finished at Wisconsin, but he started at NC State. I love that he has had success this year despite what was "expected".

Peyton Manning is an incredible QB and his comeback is a great thing and the Broncos were very wise to pick him up. I wouldn't mind seeing him get another Super Bowl Ring.

I find that I have become a bigger fan of individuals than teams. There are players on just about every team that I like/respect/enjoy watching. Now, there are players that I simply cannot want to win because of the team for which they play....but I can still recognize the value of the player

Am an Anybody-but-Patriots fan, so I am all about somebody/anybody taking them out of the run. However, I do recognize what a tough, talented team they are.
    football_chick likes this.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I find that I am torn about so many of the match-ups....I love the Indy story because of their coach's battle w/cancer and how the team has rallied. I'm not a Raven's fan at all, but I have always admired the competitiveness of Ray Lewis, and I appreciate when a player is smart enough to recognize the wisdom in retiring at the right time.

I grew up in a family of Redskin fans. I would love to see them win. That being said, I am a Russell Wilson fan. He may have finished at Wisconsin, but he started at NC State. I love that he has had success this year despite what was "expected".

Peyton Manning is an incredible QB and his comeback is a great thing and the Broncos were very wise to pick him up. I wouldn't mind seeing him get another Super Bowl Ring.

I find that I have become a bigger fan of individuals than teams. There are players on just about every team that I like/respect/enjoy watching. Now, there are players that I simply cannot want to win because of the team for which they play....but I can still recognize the value of the player

Am an Anybody-but-Patriots fan, so I am all about somebody/anybody taking them out of the run. However, I do recognize what a tough, talented team they are.
    Did want to qualify what I said regarding Ray Lewis, I respect his competitiveness and his knowing when to retire (as long as he stays retired). His life choices leave nothing to admire or respect.

I agree, I have never been a fan of Ray Lewis because of his life choices and feel uncomfortable about all this worship of his.

Mesa, your Skins are looking good!

And if you have any beer cheese dig left over I will gladly partake
    chrisg likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

To the Point

I suspect that RGIII's injury was worse than any had been led to believe. He was very gimpy the whole game. IMHO they left him in too long. I really hope that whatever his injury, the off season is enough to allow for total healing.

Thrilled for Russell Wilson and the Seahawks. Don't have any clue as to how well they'll do in the next game, but they got through this one. I was so conflicted the whole game so I just cheered for both teams.

I thought Robert should have been pulled at half time. I listened to the post game interviews and they were very interesting. All of the doctors agreed that he could still play. I think they get caught up in the one game and fail to see the fact that this could have been career ending for Robert. His interview was really good and he said that even if Shanahan wanted to pull him, he would have wanted to stay with his team. The Seahawks would have not even come close to winning with a healthy RG3 at the helm. Hats off to my Skins though. They took a horrible start and managed to take the Division Title! Next year is going to be even better! HTTR!

To the Point

mesachick, I think the competitiveness and sense of responsibility for the team often overshadows everyone's common sense and ability to see beyond the moment. RGIII is a smart, incredibly gifted athlete. I hope that the MRI doesn't show anything that is going to be terribly difficult to rehab.

Most likely a healthy RG would mean a win for the Redskins, however I do think that the Seahawks would have still given them a run for their money. That slow start wasn't pretty, but I do think that they would have still been a factor. I think the Redskins will be back vengeance next year.

Sad for the skins, happy for Russell and the rest of the Seahawks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast