+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: 2012/13 NFL Playoffs

Re: 2012/13 NFL Playoffs

I'm here in Dallas, so now that the Cowboys have been eliminated (again!) I really have no dog in this hunt. However, my preferences would be:

1. "Success is the sweetest revenge" Houston. Their coach Wade Phillips got sacked by the the Cowboys, and has since left them in the dust. Since I can't stand our owner Jerry Jones, I cheer whenever Houston does well.

2. Seattle. We lived in Washington State for most of my teenage years, and my sister still lives in Seattle.

3. Green Bay. I love how they've held out against corporate greed, and still retain ownership of their team/stadium. Power to the Packers!

On to next weekend!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Packers. It's in my DNA.
    beerbelly, sueb1961 and umngirl like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

3. Green Bay. I love how they've held out against corporate greed, and still retain ownership of their team/stadium. Power to the Packers!

Green Bay! I chose the team when I was younger and used to watch Football with my Dad. He said: 'Good Choice'

GoPackGo!
    Ellen, umngirl and Babbred like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

My dog limped out yesterday as well =(

I usually root for whomever represents the NFC though, since that is the league I follow more carefully throughout the season. I may have to jump on the San Francisco band wagon since I do live out here lol. I do love the Pack though, so if they make it to the SB I will be rooting for them to win.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I'm a Cheesehead all the way. Born and raised in Wisconsin so I bleed Green & Gold. Here's hoping they pull off a run just like the one a few years ago.
    Ellen and beerbelly like this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Welcome to San Francisco, cheeseheads! I know we can't beat Green Bay twice in a season, but my fingers and toes are crossed. It should be a good game - at least I hope it is whatever the outcome.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The one (and I do mean one as in there's only one) good thing about not having a team in the hunt anymore, is that I can actually just relax and enjoy the game. I pace the whole time when the Skins play LOL Now I get to just chill and hope for a great game with two equally good teams in the SB. No run away games please!
    football_chick and Babbred like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

To the Point

I haven't seen anything about what RG III's MRI showed? Has the team released any info?

Griffin’s knee exam goes late into the day
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 8, 2013, 5:58 PM EST
    Griffin AP

When it comes to the condition of Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III’s knee, no news is likely bad news.

Still, the news remains no news.

According to Mark Maske and Mike Jones of the Washington Post, the latest examination of Griffin’s knee by Dr. James Andrews was ongoing, as of 4:42 p.m. ET.

On Monday, the Post reported that a Sunday night MRI conducted on Griffin’s knee suggested at least partial tears of the ACL and LCL in Griffin’s right knee. And that’s not good, given that the MRI conducted exactly four weeks earlier unequivocally showed no structural damage to the joint.

The only questions at this point is the extent of the damage, and the amount of time that will be needed to get Griffin back to 100 percent. Or as close to that as he ever will again be.
    Griffin’s knee exam goes late into the day | ProFootballTalk

I found that game really sad and felt horribly when RG3's knee went sideways.
    NCLurker and chrisg like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast