+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: MLB Postseason 2012

Re: MLB Postseason 2012

Sorry Tigers. But, hey, it's only the first game and the Giants have had only one day of rest...wait, they won off of the ace pitcher with one day's rest. Anyway, Tigers will even the series tomorrow. That is...if...Go Giants!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    We'll take soggy... wait until you come to Detroit this weekend and it's only in the 40's. Brrrrr!
    I so wish things could have been switched around! We hit 80 yesterday and are supposed to do it again today. Then starting tomorrow, highs in the 50's (which is of course why so many of us end up sick around this time of year)!!

Near the water, San Francisco is also chilly - note the coat and sweater wear in the crowd. But, if you have 50 at 2PM, then you know it's getting down into the mid-40s and lower in the evening. Both teams better double sweater up.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Hope the Tigers can get it back together in Detroit. Not just because they're who I want to win, but a sweep in the World Series would be a bit of a letdown after such an exciting postseason.

Sorry, Tigers. I need to celebrate the Giants - the comeback kids of the post season.

This is only the second World Series they've won since they've been in San Francisco. That it is also the second in three years speaks to a great organization. Congratulations to them and the terrific fans!

I had a hunch the Giants would win it, but I did not anticipate the sweep. In a part of my mind, even as a Yankees fan, they will always be the New York Giants (and the Brooklyn Dodgers) that I grew up with back in the day. Like every other New Yorker, I'll never forget the excitement of "the shot heard round the world." I was a very little girl at the time, but we were a baseball family.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Congrats to the Giants - a well deserved victory! However, the sweep was kind of a let down.. all that excitement for the World Series and boom, done in 4 games. Oh well...

I don't like seeing sweeps in the World Series (unless it's my team doing the sweeping ) but congrats to the Giants! It was exciting to watch them come back from the verge of elimination by winning three straight in both of the first two series, and it's amazing that they've won 2 of the last 3 years. Speaking of the New York Giants, they won the Super Bowl as well; I don't think the Giants winning both the Super Bowl and World Series the same year has happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    I don't like seeing sweeps in the World Series (unless it's my team doing the sweeping ) but congrats to the Giants! It was exciting to watch them come back from the verge of elimination by winning three straight in both of the first two series, and it's amazing that they've won 2 of the last 3 years. Speaking of the New York Giants, they won the Super Bowl as well; I don't think the Giants winning both the Super Bowl and World Series the same year has happened before.

Well, certainly the NY baseball and football giants did not ever win together since the baseball Giants left NY in 1957 and I think the first Super Bowl was in 1967, right?

Got to thinking last night that it was probably for the best that my Yanks were knocked out in the ALCS. If they were in the world series and it was not a four game sweep, game 5 would have been scheduled for last night at Yankee Stadium and certainly could not have been played then or probably for several more days. Nor could they have moved it to California because I doubt they could have gotten flights out. It might have taken a week or two into November for the end of the series.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

You're right, the Giants left New York before Super Bowl I, and the Giants did not win the World Series in San Francisco until 2010, so this is the first year the Giants won the Super Bowl and World Series.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast