+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: MLB Postseason 2012

Re: MLB Postseason 2012

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    I am hoping for a Tigers/Cardinals match for the simple fact that I can't stay up late enough to watch west coast games...pathetic, I know....
    FOX will probably still have the weeknight games starting at 8 Eastern. The Saturday, Sunday & Monday games are in Detroit and I'm hoping for 1pm or 4pm starts on the weekend. Unfortunately College football on Saturday and the NFL on Sunday will probably decide this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    It would also be nice to have a "bumper" World Series - since they have played each other twice and split the difference so far.
    The 1968 season and Denny McLain are probably my first real memories of baseball. Growing up in the greater Detroit area, everyone had Tiger Fever that year.

I'd rather not remember 2006.

Update: I just checked the TVGuide website and the Saturday broadcast starts at 7:30 and 8:00 on Sunday. Ugh!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I am hoping for a Tigers/Cardinals match for the simple fact that I can't stay up late enough to watch west coast games...pathetic, I know....
    Can't really blame you...that's the thing I dislike about when the Nationals play on the west coast.

San Francisco Giants! Bring on the Tigers to soggy At&T Park!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

We'll take soggy... wait until you come to Detroit this weekend and it's only in the 40's. Brrrrr!

Congrats on the come back, Giants! Looking forward to the World Series finally starting. LET'S GO TIGERS!
    football_chick likes this.

As painful this postseason has been to me because of the way the Nats went out, I do have to admit that objectively, this has been a very exciting postseason overall. Both of the lower seeded wildcards won the play in games, all of the division series went to five games, the Yankees were swept, and the Giants came back from the brink in both series so far by winning three straight.

I don't hate the Cardinals, but my sadistic side enjoyed watching them collapse in the NLCS.
    Go Tigers!

We'll take soggy... wait until you come to Detroit this weekend and it's only in the 40's. Brrrrr!
    And that's the high temperature!!!! It'll be mighty cold by the 9th.

Go Tigers!!!
    football_chick likes this.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I'm not a big baseball fan but I like to see the Yankees do well because, when they do, it brings a great positive energy to NYC. I definitely agree with what cavendish said about them not realistically being able to advance further with their Captain, Derek Jeter, being suddenly injured and that it is pretty amazing that they went so far this year without Mariano Rivera.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    As painful this postseason has been to me because of the way the Nats went out, I do have to admit that objectively, this has been a very exciting postseason overall.
    And, just to add on to that, even though I'm not a huge baseball fan and am bummed that the Yankee excitement has left New York, I think this has been a really exciting baseball season. And, a big hug to Yankees and Nats fans, and everyone else who has to wait until next year -- but at least the baseball seasons turn around quickly and it will be spring training again in about four months, right?

And congrats to the Tigers and the Giants!
    kev89 likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Thanks, yeah, despite the heartbreaking end, this was an incredible season for the Nationals. They did finish with the best regular season record in all of baseball after all, which is kind of amazing considering they had the worst record in all of baseball just three years ago. I'm excited for next season

The World Series is here! Let's go Tigers...

Or, in the words of a local favourite - "eat em up Tigers, eat em up"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast