+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: College Football 2012

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

College Football 2012

I don't see a thread for this yet, and I admit that I saw my first game this weekend, but it looks to be interesting in the rankings this year. Of course, Alabama is on top, but the Oregon Ducks may rise to second rank after their 49-0 drubbing of Arizona this past Saturday.
    Cootie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: College Football 2012

Go Ducks! The Pac 12 has some quality teams this year. The Beavers win over UCLA was exciting for OSU fans! The Beavers broke into the Top 25 for the first time in two years.

Go Ducks! By the end of today they will probably be #1 or #2 in the BCS ranking with Alabama's first loss of the season. It all depends on how independent Notre Dame is factored in against Kansas State and Oregon. The first two quarters against Cal/Berkeley were nail biters as the Bears defensive line were effective against the run. But, then Mariano aired it out and in the 4th quarter the Bears' defense crumbled and Oregon rolled up the score. Whew.

Next up is Stanford at home and then...duh, duh, duh...the Civil War. Both will be very tough games. My family was all about the Civil War as my parents were Oregon Alums and my grandfather was an Oregon State alum. We all went to a Civil War game in Autzen Stadium one year and I sat between my parents and my grandparents trying to keep the peace. However, when bets and pride are on the line I got jostled around a bit. Secretly I was cheering for Oregon, but listening to my Grandfather's groans was enough to send me back to Switzerland. Oregon won. I hope that is the case this year as well.
    Cootie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This week's standings are as follows:

1. Kansas State

2. Oregon

3. Notre Dame

4. Alabama

So sad. Kudos to Stanford. Double kudos to Notre Dame.

What a game yesterday here in SoCAL for UCLA/USC!!!
    KAREN

With a 12-1 record, the Oregon Ducks are not slated (as yet) for any post season bowl game. By not beating Stanford they lost their chance at both the championship game and the Rosebowl. Weird and Sad.

Woohoo Clemson!

I thought LSU had us, but they pulled it off at the last minute. I can wear my orange to work Wednesday!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Have fun with it waywyrd! I'll be wearing green and quacking all day Thurs when Oregon meets K-State in the Fiesta Bowl. Hopefully, I will be able to dance afterwards as well.
    waywyrd and Cootie like this.

YAY! Ducks beat K-State in the Fiesta Bowl. Now the chatter is that IF Alabama loses to Notre Dame in the Championship game on Monday, the Ducks should finish the season in the #2 spot.
    Cootie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast