+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Stanley Cup Finals

eny
    FORT Fogey
    There was a big trade last summer where the Devils dumped a bunch of players in Anaheim , Sykora, ,Mike Commodore, Igor Pohanka,J.F. Damphousse for Oleg Tverdovsky, Jeff Friesen and Maxim Balmochnykh (huh ? - I think he's a prospect). They were very bitter about being dumped in Anaheim, and it's sweet revenge they are facing them in the final.
    It's got to be either Sykora or Commodore that said that...Maybe Damphousse , although as one of Giguere's backup's, you will never get to see him.
    They'd love to have Friesen back ...

Rob N used to date "super"model Niki Taylor - thats about as "Barbie" as you can get

Rob's still single, though.

I need to get a Patty av for a while. I missed the press conference because I was at work. Laters, Patrick. Thanks for the couple of Cups, it'll be awhile till Stanley is paraded around Denver again.

TSN says "Patrick Roy's number 33 will hang in the rafters next to Ray Bourque's 77" - no friggen kidding.

I just realized... I never got to see Patrick play. :cry

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I saw the press conference . They announced that they would retire the number there. It was pretty teary, esp Pierre Lacroix.
    My theory is that he had such a good time at the Memorial Cup with the Ramparts, he just said - screw this ...He said he had made up his mind at the beginning of last season that it would probably be his last.
    He said he wants to help with his son and his goaltending - what a coach. I hope he's like Tretiak and does some goal coaching for others.

They are talking about giving Aebi the number one , as Patrick seemed to think he could handle it.Pretty good endorsment.

Two words.

Tony Granato.

*goes off to cry*

I can't believe it. I cried. I guess I always loved Patrick, I just loved to hate him. Unlike other goaltenders, he's had the talent and the numbers to back him up. It's weird though... the changing of the guard and all.

I wonder how concerned he is about Brodeur. Well, as much as I love, love, love Brodeur, there is only one Patrick Roy.

Wow.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Damn I missed the press conference... and haven't seen any footage of it at all... I have been living in a cave for the past few days.

Was it more emotional than the Gretzky retirement??? That one touched a nerve in me like I never thought it could.
    ~M o s a i K~

It will be weird to not have Patrick in the league. He wasn't emotional himself, but Sakic & Keane were there and they were looking a little, er, bummed. And Lacroix cried. I guess he heard "My Heart Will Go On".

Did he through one of his Stanley Cup rings into the ocean of sports journalists?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I dont know. Maybe he should throw one at Paul Kariya's head and wake him the fuck up.

ANA 0 - 3 NJ

Game over. Whoopsies.

I see the hockey playoffs haven't used up this year's allocation of irony just yet.

Simply hilarious.

I won't go so far as to count dem Ducks out just yet... but OH BOY am I tempted.

M

PS: All this talk of rings reminds me of that famous trash talking session between Roy and JR that one year... where St. Pat got the last laugh with the "rings plugging his ears" shot. Ouch. That has to be one of my top hockey media memories ever.
    ~M o s a i K~

+ Reply to Thread