+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Lance Armstrong To Lose Tour Titles

Re: Lance Armstrong To Lose Tour Titles

Lance was the ringleader, and a couple of his own teammates were afraid of him .I think there are two Lances, one we never saw..If he hid this for as long as he did, and threatened those that exposed him- I am glad he was caught.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't think so, nor should he ever be forgiven
    He was someone I thought I liked and admired I didn't know that side of Lance, that everyone else seem to know. I don't care what happens to him. The way he treated his team mates that were subpoenaed to talk about what happened, he threatened/bullied them as well- nasty, nasty, nasty
    He was a nasty bully, and I am not convinced 100% now, that all the drugs he took, didn't add to his cancer.
    I'm not saying I would forgive him, but if it all might have occured differently, I think he might be forgiven. But I agree, with the way he treated people and behaved, I think he is done. And my husband always said he doped and that contributed to his cancer. I would say, no that is not true, he didn't dope. Now I feel like the dope.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I'm not saying I would forgive him, but if it all might have occurred differently, I think he might be forgiven. But I agree, with the way he treated people and behaved, I think he is done. And my husband always said he doped and that contributed to his cancer. I would say, no that is not true, he didn't dope. Now I feel like the dope.
    Same here, I believed him 100%. Now I hear when their bus was stopped in France( for a road violation), they were all hooked up to blood transfusions, and they got away with all that. I also feel like a dope. My girlfriend said he doped, and believed the cancer was caused by what he used. Now he is saying he didn't use in 09 and 10- BS!
    libgirl2 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    They were most likely juicing too, only not as effectively. Since all of this has hit the fan it's become well known that it was widespread during that time. The sport was a mess in this regard.

That's why I'm disgusted at the targeting that Armstrong has received. He's just being used as an example & a grudge match.

The guy may be a major jerk, but that doesn't mean he deserved to be targeted to the extent that he has been. Professional sports is loaded with major jerks. I think it's the arrogance. Some manage to to avoid it, but I think they're the rarity.
    I could get behind this, if not for the many other lives he ruined. There was a story here about a guy from MI who was on his team. The guy refused to "go with the program" so Lance basically kicked him off the team and then black-balled him in the sport. If it was just doping, then I could agree about the witch hunt. That others had their lives ruined - that bothers me and says he deserves everything he gets. Sorry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567