+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Lance Armstrong To Lose Tour Titles

Re: Lance Armstrong To Lose Tour Titles

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    All of the top riders/teams did exactly what Lance did. If you didn't you had zero chance of even coming close to the yellow jersey. Does it make it right? No. But neither does making Lance the scape goat and not going after all the other riders who also blood doped back then. The Tour is very strict now in doing blood/urine checks. At least it's not necessary to dope in order to win anymore.
    Not sure if I really believe that.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    And for such a hero to lie like that. So shameful.
    He not a hero he is a man who was very good at cycling and at winning races. How the heck that makes him a hero I don't know?

FORT Fogey

And for such a hero to lie like that. So shameful.
    Steroids created the ability for an athelete to win. Hero is not a word that applies to an athelete doing their sport.

He is still lying, too. STILL!

I knew he was from the start, just knew it. My husband defended him and I said, just stay tunned.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    What gets me is the hypocrisy if the public who for some reason think if you are a winning athlete you are a nice guy with morals. You are just an athlete and a lot of times winners are complete bastards. What I don't understand is the rabid fervor that the US government has had going after this man. Whomever is in charge must really hate him. It seems ridiculous the lengths, time and money the government is taking to bring this man down. It seems very personal and very vengeful.
    I'm finding that more and more athletes are total douchebags. Even some of the women. Hope Solo anyone? I also agree that whoever is driving this has a hate on. Cycling is probably the dirtiest sport out there and yet the only name I'm hearing is Armstrong.
    beerbelly likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Fort Member

I think it was because he was a bully and not a nice person
    People continually accused him that's why they kept investigating
    Had he stayed retired after 2005 instead of making a cone back he would never have been found out
    It was only die to his cone back that they had to retest his old samples with the new tests and that's when he tested positive
    Had he not sued people and had he not bullied and ruined some people's careers then I would probably find him forgivable as well but he did
    Cycling is full cheats but that does not mean you should not be punished if found guilty

I defended him. I believed him. I cannot imagine how his children feel
    beerbelly and Debb70 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was thinking the same thing Fanny. It seems like he only thought about winning and not being a good person. I would much rather a dad who was honest and came in 2000'th place then a dad who would do anything to win.

You can still do great things without being 'Number 1'.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I was thinking the same thing Fanny. It seems like he only thought about winning and not being a good person. I would much rather a dad who was honest and came in 2000'th place then a dad who would do anything to win.

You can still do great things without being 'Number 1'.
    Yeah, but in America the attitude is the only winner is the person who comes in first and everyone else is a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm finding that more and more athletes are total douchebags. Even some of the women. Hope Solo anyone? I also agree that whoever is driving this has a hate on. Cycling is probably the dirtiest sport out there and yet the only name I'm hearing is Armstrong.
    No doubt about it, the man has been & is being targeted far above & beyond anyone else. They wanted to disgrace him. It was personal.

This reminds me a lot of the Pete Rose situation in baseball. Others have cheated. Some far worse, to the point of affecting the outcome of the games, but NONE have been punished as harshly & permanently as Pete Rose. Witch hunt/target. Nothing more.

Both men were guilty of breaking the rules, plain & simple. Both have admitted it. But both were victims of a witch hunt that went to extremes to bring down a winner, while others were either given a slap on the hand or ignored.

Guilty or not (& it's now fully apparant that he is) I still feel very sorry for what was done to Armstrong.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Don't know HOW I happened to miss this thread until I stumbled up on it just now, but . . .

We're all on the same page: Buddy is as guilty as two left shoes and four dead flies.

Sure, they made him the subject of a witch hunt. But, IMHO, he opened the door for that through his arrogance, bullying, etc. THEY just ran through it whenever they saw even a glimmer of an opportunity to do so.

Like, his "comeback", for example.

I'm pretty much in agreement with Lucynda's entire post: He wasn't a good person, he was a bully and people kept accusing/pointing the finger at him.

And, usually, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Do I feel sorry for him?

Nope.

I might've, if I'd seen even one SCINTILLA of actual regret on his part. Remorse. Humility. Or, if he'd actually told the truth, instead of turning on the crocodile tear waterworks that he felt nobody'd see through. Beyond FINALLY saying that he doped, I pretty much wouldn't believe a word out of his mouth. Ever. Even if he were standing on an altar in a church somewhere, clutching a Bible in one hand, a rosary in the other, and spouting lines from "The Lord's Prayer" in between whatever his latest lies and/or sins of omission might be.

Feel sorry for him because of the witch hunt?

Hell, no.

Karma might've taken her own sweet time to get around to him.

But, she FINALLY made it, in her own sweet time.

JMHO.
    Lucynda and momrek06 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast