+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Lance Armstrong To Lose Tour Titles

Re: Lance Armstrong To Lose Tour Titles

I also find it suspect that they have chosen not to award the titles to the other finishers
    They were doped as well. Lance was the best of those that doped. I think 2nd and 3rd finishers were guilty of doping
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm finding this whole thing heartbreaking. The guy has been a hero to so many & his Livestrong foundation is a wonderful thing.
    I'm not saying he's innocent or anything. I have no idea. But I just think he's a victim to a lot of witch hunters who were determined to bring down a winner, nomatter how they did it. In the process his foundation took the hit & the whole sport did too.

I've yet to hear of any real concrete provable evidence. Just hearsay of the jealous. I'm pretty sure that if there were any medically provable evidence or test results, they'd be plastered all over the media.
    They're not because they're just not there.

Like I said, I'm not saying the guy's always been 100% clean, but something is just terribly wrong with the way he's being treated. I think it's a grudge match that he knows will never end, so he just got fed up & quit fighting.
    It's kind of like they're saying they can bring down anyone they want to just to prove they have power.

The whole thing is just wrong & leaves me with a very bad taste.
    Florimel, Bearcata and beerbelly like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Rumors are swirling that he is going to admit he took part in doping. Gotta see how this plays out.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I agree, this is heartbreaking. I really gave him the benefit of a doubt that he didn't drug.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I agree, this is heartbreaking. I really gave him the benefit of a doubt that he didn't drug.
    Many people did, but if he comes out and says yes he did dope... I can't even imagine anyone taking him and what he says seriously.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

And for such a hero to lie like that. So shameful.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

All of the top riders/teams did exactly what Lance did. If you didn't you had zero chance of even coming close to the yellow jersey. Does it make it right? No. But neither does making Lance the scape goat and not going after all the other riders who also blood doped back then. The Tour is very strict now in doing blood/urine checks. At least it's not necessary to dope in order to win anymore.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Did anyone watch Oprahs interview with Lance Armstrong? How was it?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Fort Member

I watched them
    I have never been a fan of his and always found him to be arrogant but then all cyclists are a bit egotistic
    So I thought maybe he would be a humbled and apologetic and show some real emotion about what he did to people but instead I found him to be still arrogant, still somewhat unapologetic and just fake. He has done this because he wants to compete in some form again as he really can not live without competing and he feels his ban is unjust as others who admitted doping earlier got far less of a ban than he did. His whole stict is to try and garner sympathy and he admits to being a bully but he sue'd people, he ruined peoples lives and careers and really has not apologized for it adequately at all and yet he feels hard done by
    I found that he came across as not very sorry really he got emotional in the second part but there was not one tear it felt very staged
    Anyway I think it will be interesting to see what comes out of this as surely he can now be sued by the people who he sued and surely he will have to pay monies back and be arrested for lying in court or something surely

What gets me is that I think all top cyclists are doping in one fashion or another that is what they need to do to be competitive. Do I think Lance Armstrong would have won if everyone did not dope? Yes I do. What gets me is the hypocrisy if the public who for some reason think if you are a winning athlete you are a nice guy with morals. You are just an athlete and a lot of times winners are complete bastards. What I don't understand is the rabid fervor that the US government has had going after this man. Whomever is in charge must really hate him. It seems ridiculous the lengths, time and money the government is taking to bring this man down. It seems very personal and very vengeful.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast