+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Congrats replacement refs, you just cost a team a victory. Well done, well done.
    Ellen, Florimel and sueb1961 like this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

The Packers were freakin' robbed. Even the Seattle players know that.
    sueb1961 and chrisg like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I didn't watch the game so am just hearing about it on the news today. Wow. They showed the "catch" in slo-mo and you could see the ball was out before he hit the ground. Then the two refs signaling different results. Wow. Hey, was it reviewed in the booth, because those are regular refs who are not on strike as was emphasized during the Viking/49er game last Sunday.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The problem with that review is that they couldn't change the call from a touchdown to an interception. All they could do is confirm a touchdown or say the receiver never completed the catch. So the replay officials couldn't do anything about the outcome because it obviously wasn't an incomplete pass.

It's just a screwed up situation all around. But I would be wrong to not even mention the obvious pass interference on Golden Tate on the hail mary that wasn't called either.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard

Apparently I was wrong about what can be challenged. Simultaneous possession in the endzone can be overturned. Too bad it wasn't simultaneous possession in the first place.

What a horrible call that changed the outcome of a game that the Packers in reality won. The ruling should be been overturned. I heard this morning that Roger Goodell still has the authority to reverse the outcome, but he will not do it. Both the Packers and Seahawks are teams I have enjoyed watching over the years, but the Seahawks should be ashamed of themselves for accepting the win. This season is turning into a tragicomedy of errors. If the professional refs don't come back pretty soon, I think the outcome of the entire season should be marked with a asterisk.
    Ellen and umngirl like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

After the uproar over the call, from just about everyone, both sides are talking again.. Replacement refs are not good ( not good at all)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

THE REFS ARE BACK!!! They start with the Thursday night game (today).

Less than a week after the controversy, the regular referees got everything they asked for in their package. Wonder why...well, the fans had spoken often and loudly according to the Commissioner. At least that is what is being said in public.

No more bellyaching about bad calls and awkward games. (Excuse me while I laugh at this )
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Lambeau Field had a celebration when the "regular" refs were announced last Sunday. That changed during the game when once again a controversial call went against them. The Packers squeaked by with a win and thank goodness. I think there might have been a riot if they had lost.

My 9ers won! Yay. They whomped the Jets 34-0 and it would have been higher if their ace kicker had made two of the four field goals attempted. Penalties also cost them possible touchdown attempts in the first half. But, by the grace of the Jets and the 9er defense, it was a solid win. I don't think I'll be able to watch them next Sunday as I didn't see them on the roster for either my CBS or Fox station here in LA la land.

There are three 4-0 teams right now and six 3-1 teams. But, it is early and that can change quickly.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-01-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Very tough break for your Packers in that replacement ref debacle Ellen, and other Pack fans.

Undefeated Cardinals tonight against the Rams should be interesting. It makes me glad that the Cardinals are out of the always so competitive NFC East but now 49ers fans like Arielflies and Seahawk fans like Mariner have to worry about them.

Cowboys have a bye this weekend along with Daddyzgirl's Lions and a couple of other teams.

I've been meaning to ask Shay how she feels about Peyton Manning this year. Have you followed him to Denver, Shay? Any thoughts?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast