+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Nfl 2012

FORT Fanatic

Nfl 2012

I thought I'd start a new thread since the draft is 1 week away. Predictions for your team?

I'm a Broncos fan and am eagerly waiting to see Peyton Manning behind center again. I hope he stays healthy. As a VERY EARLY prediction I'm gonna say 9-7. That might change...depending on the draft and preseason.

Re: Nfl 2012

I'm looking for a bit of help with the O-Line. They need to start thinking about replacing some of the older guys like Jeff Backus and Dominic Raiola. I think our defense is pretty much solid and hope that Nick Fairley can finally contribute this year.

I really really hope that Peyton has an amazing year. He's a great quarterback.

I'm being optimistic and calling 11-5 for my Detroit Lions. Second in the division behind Green Bay; they'll get a home playoff game - win it but then lost the next one on the road.

Junior seau found dead in his home today
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Junior seau found dead in his home today
    Just like Dave Duerson from the Bears. It really makes you wonder what is going on with the hits these guys take and brain injuries. I know it can happen to people who are not in football, but it makes you wonder.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Just like Dave Duerson from the Bears. It really makes you wonder what is going on with the hits these guys take and brain injuries. I know it can happen to people who are not in football, but it makes you wonder.
    His poor mom has been on tv begging for it to have been her dead and not her son. I just don't know how she is going to survive this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I haven't seen many reports on this yet (going to search now) but this is just terrible. My thoughts are with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    His poor mom has been on tv begging for it to have been her dead and not her son. I just don't know how she is going to survive this.
    Oh how sad!

FORT Fogey

I understand the family wanting to make a statement so the press would give them some peace. His mother's words were just heart wrenching. Hopefully the press will give them some space right now. They look like a really close family. It's just so tragic.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

To the Point

I often wonder how difficult it must be for some of these professional athletes once they retire. I know that plenty of them adjust and move on to life after playing, but I am sure that there are plenty who can't quite figure out what to do, or what they are capable of doing once their playing days end. For many, sports came above and beyond any education they were suppose to be acquiring along the way. The glory days fade and then what?

Pardon my rambling. I'll move along now.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I often wonder how difficult it must be for some of these professional athletes once they retire. I know that plenty of them adjust and move on to life after playing, but I am sure that there are plenty who can't quite figure out what to do, or what they are capable of doing once their playing days end. For many, sports came above and beyond any education they were suppose to be acquiring along the way. The glory days fade and then what?

Pardon my rambling. I'll move along now.
    A reason education is so important, but the lure of the fame and money can be too much to a young guy.
    tapper01 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast