+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Annika Sorenstam at PGA Colonial

Sleeping with George W
    I could tell that she feels very disappointed, but I hope that she takes pride in the fact that she had the considerable courage to do this.

In a way I feel very badly for her. She's at the top of her sport genre and just wants to play harder. Hate to use a really feminine analogy, but it's like being between dress sizes ... too big for one and too small for the other ... and neither fits right.

Did she say she wasn't coming back next year? I hope not. I'd love to see her keep trying. Of course, that's easy for me to say. She said she was pretty much exhausted after two days and had given it her all.

At any rate, I have nothing but respect for her and she is a great role model for young girls (well, and for everyone!).

She said it was a one-time thing, and she will never play with the guys again.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Why'd she say that, again? I didn't get a chance to really read/watch anything about it yet.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

She basically said she did her thing, and now it's over. She has nothing further to prove by playing with the guys.

I thought she agreed to play somewhere else again?

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Ah, okay. That makes sense in a way.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Originally posted by Eden
    I could tell that she feels very disappointed, but I hope that she takes pride in the fact that she had the considerable courage to do this.

In a way I feel very badly for her. She's at the top of her sport genre and just wants to play harder. Hate to use a really feminine analogy, but it's like being between dress sizes ... too big for one and too small for the other ... and neither fits right.

Did she say she wasn't coming back next year? I hope not. I'd love to see her keep trying. Of course, that's easy for me to say. She said she was pretty much exhausted after two days and had given it her all.

At any rate, I have nothing but respect for her and she is a great role model for young girls (well, and for everyone!).
    She is a great role model! To me and many others, just for taking part in the intense men competition under pressure and many disapprovals.

I would have really liked her to play in the PGA again, but after reading she might not, I was a little bit dismayed. Still hoping she takes part in another PGA.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

She handled the situation well, and I hope she might try again. Really she needs to play on the guys tour for several tournaments to really figure out where she stands.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Definitely. I also thought so. She shouldn't have stopped playing with the guys.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123