+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey - 2011-2012

Re: NHL Hockey - 2011-2012

The Capitals season opener was supposed to be last night. Had they won, it would have been a nice way to take my mind off the Nationals' loss

I wouldn't get my hopes up, but looks like there's a still a chance of a full, 82 game season:

NHL owners try to salvage full season with 50-50 proposal | CSN Washington

Players, please agree to this deal.

I think thats a pretty good deal . They should take it. What is with ths hockey players! primadonnas all of them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

No progress as NHL talks break off | CSN Washington

Well crap So much for that. Absolutely pathetic that these millionares and billionares can't figure out a way to divide such a large sum of money.
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    No progress as NHL talks break off | CSN Washington

Well crap So much for that. Absolutely pathetic that these millionares and billionares can't figure out a way to divide such a large sum of money.
    I know!! They have until what, Oct 25th .If nothing is reached by then there is no way they can play the season and more cancellations are in order.I dont think that was a bad offer, I really don't.
    The players have become so greedy over the years, they are hockey players not neurosurgeons. If they don't come to work, we wont miss them. They are entertainment
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was hoping the players would take the deal, too. I'm so desperate for hockey, Mr. S and I watched the repeat that TSN showed the other night of the gold medal game between Canada and the US. They showed it in its entirety, which is great because the day it actually happened I spent most of the game nervously pacing the house and doing laundry, I didn't watch much of it, and NONE of the OT. I was able to watch that most unfortunate tying goal at the end of the 3rd, and realized it was 90% a defensive breakdown and Luongo had almost no chance there. And the pop ups were such fun. Just before the golden goal, a pop up came on the bottom telling us that Iggy and Sid had come over the boards to replace two other players, and then tell us to listen closely at exactly 12:21 into the OT and you'll hear Sid yell "IGGY!" and then the pass and the goal that sent this country into a frenzy.

I realized, watching it, how much I'm missing hockey.
    football_chick likes this.

I hope they can get it sorted out in time. I haven't been following all that closely, just mostly what I hear on the morning news and talk to the bf about. But I do have to agree with the players tho on not changing their existing contracts. What's the point of having a contract in the first place if it doesn't have to be upheld? If teams didn't want to pay or couldn't afford to pay all those huge (and some of them are ridiculous high) salaries then they should never have offered them. This whole thing is such a piss off tho, I'd almost be happy to just lose hockey for the whole year to let them lose all the revenue that goes along with it. I'll keep my $260 per ticket, $8 per beer, $6 dollars for my pocket dog (although I may pout about that one a bit) and whatever the heck Centre Ice costs now and buy myself something nice ...and it sure as hell won't be the Bieksa jersey I was eyeing last season.

Sweetpea, I so remember watching that game too, don't think I've gone through such a range of emotions in one game before! I still get goose bumps when I see (hear) the videos taken on the harbor from that exact moment in Vancouver ...silence, then all at once 34 million people cheering together
    sweetpea likes this.

Ah, M_Shelll, just put buying that Bieksa jersey on hold...you'll want one at some point, I know it! He's such a great guy. Love him.

I agree, though. The whole thing is such a *******. Those owners who recently signed single players to multi-million dollar multi-year contracts, now want to reneg on them? They forget it is supposed to be about the game, and the fans. Now it's about whose **** is longer, honestly.
    M_shelll likes this.

So a full season now off the table, and all November games have been cancelled. They can't be dumb enough to let another entire season be lost to a labor dispute, can they?

I hope not. I was really looking forward to the Winter Classic this year

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast