+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey - 2011-2012

Re: NHL Hockey - 2011-2012

How is everyone liking the playoffs this year? Lots of exciting games, lots of OT, lots of passion. My favorite time of year

So far so good! Love the playoffs... I can't believe all the OT games so far. Getting ready to watch the Wings hopefully kick some butt all over the Predators!

I was wondering if anyone else was watching! Finally, some hardcore playoff action. I will not excuse Hagelin's elbow to Alfredsson yesterday...a poor decision by a rookie. The husband thinks Shanahan should suspend him for the series and I think that's probably fair. However, I am thrilled with the play of my Rangers...they are making a hard run for the Cup and it shows in their play.

One series I'm super disappointed in so far is Caps/Bruins. Way too much holding back, too much defensive play. Dale Hunter needs to let Ovie go and play his offensive game. I'm loving the Pens/Flyers right now mostly because it's been so offensive, tons of goals = something for the fans to watch.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I'm loving the Pens/Flyers right now mostly because it's been so offensive, tons of goals = something for the fans to watch.
    I guess after today we can change "tons of goals" to "tons of penalties". I guess there was a total of 148 penalty minutes in today's game... absolutely insane! I managed to make it through the game but wow were there a lot of fights!
    Last edited by football_chick; 04-15-2012 at 08:06 PM.

The fans sure got their money's worth. I love the intensity - neither team gave an inch, not even in the final seconds. Now looking forward to the Nucks/Kings tonight. I would normally be sympathetic to Schneider for being the last resort, but not after his recent trash-tweeting.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Go kings! I would love to get the brooms out for a big sweep!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm not watching much, but GO KINGS! Was really hope they would have won game 4. Or even game 5. Hopefully they won't let it go to 7 games.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I'm not watching much, but GO KINGS! Was really hope they would have won game 4. Or even game 5. Hopefully they won't let it go to 7 games.
    I hope they take it tonight!
    scoot13 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Congrats Kings! Great playoff run, you deserved it! Thanks for the great games!

What a great game and what a great story! Congrats Kings, fantastic playoff run and great win last night!
    scoot13 likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast