+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 57 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Tennis

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Tennis

Looked through the pages to find a tennis thread and couldn't find one specifically for the sport. There was an Australian Open thread, but it's old.

My reason for wanting to start a thread is to share my happy dance with anyone who might even remotely care!

Tennis is being played at Indian Wells right now. Final is tomorrow and my two absolute favorites (from this era) are playing: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic!

I'm celebrating because - with the two of them playing - I will be satisfied no matter who wins.

What makes it even better is that Djokovic has moved into the #2 spot, previously occupied by one of my least favorite tennis players, Roger Federer!

I very seldom watch WTA as I can't stand how SHRILL the ladies are, but feel free to comment on their games if that's more your thing.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Re: Tennis

I care

I watched the Djokovic/Federer match yesterday and was pleased with the outcome. Novak is so amazing to watch and is having an awesome year (undefeated so far!). Looking forward to the final match today.

I was able to enjoy the first set and part of the second . . . and then my ABC station decided the news was more important than tennis. Apparently, CBS thinks basketball is more important than the news, because they didn't switch over!!

When your two favorite tennis players are in the same match, it's hard not to be pleased with the outcome. It's a win either way.

Congrats to Nole on today's win.

Looking forward to a great season with Nadal and Djokovic at the top!

Nole is playing outstanding tennis! I felt bad for the butt whipping he laid on Rafa in the third set.

I am also enjoying watching Milos Ranoic grow as a player.

World number one Rafael Nadal and second-ranked Novak Djokovic will lead a set of tennis stars in a charity football match on Wednesday to raise money for earthquake and tsunami relief missions in Japan.

Britain's Andy Murray and Japan's Kei Nishikori will also be among those who drop their rackets and compete with their feet ahead of their opening matches in a $9 million ATP and WTA hardcourt event.

The tennis stars will face the Fort Lauderdale Strikers, a second-level US pro squad, at Ransom Everglades High School with a dinner afterward. Proceeds will be donated to the American Red Cross relief effort in Japan.

"I'm very concerned for the people of Japan and think it is only right that we do whatever we can to help those in need," Djokovic said. "I would love to see all of Miami support both events."

Serbia's Djokovic is off to an 18-0 start to the season, the best since Ivan Lendl's 25-0 start a quarter-century ago, and comes off an Indian Wells finals triumph over Spain's Nadal last Sunday.

Others ATP players set to take the field include Frenchman Richard Gasquet; Spaniards David Ferrer, Fernando Verdasco and Feliciano Lopez; Serbian Viktor Troicki, Austrian Jurgen Melzer and Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus.

Tennis aces Nadal, Djokovic among footballers for Japan - The West Australian

Things are definitely heating up in Miami!

Some awesome tennis lined up for the weekend.

Rafael Nadal (ranked #1 - and my personal favorite) takes on Roger Federer (who has recently fallen to #3). Winner advances to the final to take on Novak Djokovic (#2 and another personal favorite of mine).

Was Federer even trying?

Beautiful day outside, but I couldn't drag myself away from the tv. Great game. Even match all the way through.

Congrats to Nole. 24 straight wins!

It sure is exciting watching those 2 play... great tennis! Congrats Nole!!!!

What a great final match! I didn't care which one was the winner as either would have deserved it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 57 123456789101151 ... LastLast