+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Tennis

Re: Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    The Williams are getting older in sports terms and Serena has been dealing with some horrible circumstances the last year. I still wouldn't be surprised with another GS win out of either of them though. As for Federer, he is also getting "up there" and I do think players have learned how to play him. It also helps mentally for those players to know he can be beaten. The men's game is really exciting right now. I was impressed with Fish, who would have thunk it? Good for him!
    Age is beating on the door of the Williams sisters, too, Lib, definitely. Is anyone going to watch the women's final today?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Best of luck to you! Remember to invite me to the wedding should you succeed!!!
    Thanks, LittleS&S, I was thinking more of a fling but now you're inspiring me!

I knew Rafa's foot was still bothering him. Hopefully it will be better on Sunday.

I feel for Andy Murray with the weight of the UK on his shoulders.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Congrats to Kvitova for a well played match. I had a feeling about her when I saw her in the semis. Now onto Rafa!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Not how I expected the match to go down today, but since I love both Nole and Rafa, I couldn't be upset no matter what the outcome was. I thought it would go 5 sets, being close all the way. Well, it wasn't! Five straight wins for Nole against a formidable opponent. He's gotta be feeling mighty fine right now.

First time since January of 2004 that anyone other than Rafa or Fed has been ranked #1.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Great match today - I also thought it would go five sets. I could watch these 2 play every weekend!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

According to the new ATP rankings, Nole leads Rafa by just over 2000 points. There's a just slightly wider spread between Rafa and Federer at #3.

The top three really have a hold on the standings... and the Slams....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I'm still trying to grapple with Rafa's loss at Wimbledon which was so un-Rafa-like. I think he has to find a way to get his confidence back now which is a very unusual position for someone who has always played with such fierce abandon. I'm going out to see his first round match at the US Open to root him on now.

Too bad Kim Clijsters isn't playing this year. I was really looking forward to seeing her. Since she's injured, I hope Caroline Wozniacki is able to break through and win her first slam at the US Open this year. She just seems like such a sweetheart.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

It's US Open time!

So Venus has finally gotten a diagnosis regarding her health problems. She's dropped out of the Open and this condition sounds serious...

Venus Williams, diagnosed with autoimmune disease, out of US Open
    By Associated Press

NEW YORK — Venus Williams says she has been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease that causes fatigue and joint pain and forced her to withdraw from the U.S. Open.

The two-time champion pulled out today before her second-round match.

"I have been recently diagnosed with Sjogren’s Syndrome, an autoimmune disease which is an ongoing medical condition that affects my energy level and causes fatigue and joint pain," she said in a statement.

The 31-year-old Williams pulled out of two hard-court tuneup tournaments this summer because she was not feeling well. In her first match in two months, Williams beat Vesna Dolonts 6-4, 6-3 at Flushing Meadows on Monday.

"I enjoyed playing my first match here and wish I could continue but right now I am unable to," she said. "I am thankful I finally have a diagnosis and am now focused on getting better and returning to the court soon."

Williams was supposed to play 22nd-seeded Sabine Lisicki on Wednesday.

"I’m really disappointed to have to withdraw from this year’s US Open," she added.
    Venus Williams, diagnosed with autoimmune disease, out of US Open - BostonHerald.com

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    So Venus has finally gotten a diagnosis regarding her health problems. She's dropped out of the Open and this condition sounds serious...

Venus Williams, diagnosed with autoimmune disease, out of US Open - BostonHerald.com
    Oh, that is absolutely awful. It is a serious autoimmune disease and one that my mom suffered with. She primarily suffered with the dry eyes symptom. The link I am posting says that a person who suffers from Sjogren's disease can also suffer with other autoimmune diseases and that was the case with my mom. She suffered with Raynaud's phenomenon as well, thyroid problems and the worst was sceleroderma which she suffered with for 17 years until she passed at the untimely age of 55. I am so sorry to hear about Venus's diagnosis and wish her well.

Sjogren's Syndrome Treatment, Diagnosis, Symptoms, Causes and Signs by MedicineNet.com

+ Reply to Thread