+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Tennis

Re: Tennis

Wimbledon's underway with several rain delays as is hardly unusual. It always has its share of unexpected early departures. Today Samantha Stosur (17) and Sloane Stephens (18) were the seeded players who lost in round 1.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Andy Murray won his first match. I hope he does well again :-)
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Wow, the Wiliamses are having a tough time lately. I think we are seeing the end of an era. Not sure if there are any female players who I see as the start of the next.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Wonder what is up with this? I get being a let down after the loss, but this isn't like Serena at all.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/strang...161149618.html

Although it's hard to tell with them, I think Serena has a viral infection. I'm usually suspicious when then seem sick or injured, but this one seemed very real. She appeared to be dizzy and couldn't even catch a ball. I think she really is ill this time. I'm not a fan, but I wish her well.

Sorry to see Rafa go, but I was concerned about this match. The young Australian looks like he might be the real deal.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Although it's hard to tell with them, I think Serena has a viral infection. I'm usually suspicious when then seem sick or injured, but this one seemed very real. She appeared to be dizzy and couldn't even catch a ball. I think she really is ill this time. I'm not a fan, but I wish her well.

Sorry to see Rafa go, but I was concerned about this match. The young Australian looks like he might be the real deal.
    I agree, she always seems so healthy and when she loses is more put together then that. Hope she is on the mend fast. Not sure who I see taking it on the women's side with Sharapova out. I like Bouchard alot. Should be interesting.

As for Rafa.... *sob* I am not happy at all! I didn't think he would win it, but I did expect him to go further. Here's a cheer for Murray to repeat. The Brits would go crazy. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I agree, she always seems so healthy and when she loses is more put together then that. Hope she is on the mend fast. Not sure who I see taking it on the women's side with Sharapova out. I like Bouchard alot. Should be interesting.

As for Rafa.... *sob* I am not happy at all! I didn't think he would win it, but I did expect him to go further. Here's a cheer for Murray to repeat. The Brits would go crazy. Again.
    I like Bouchard, too, but several of them could take it. First time in years, I really don't have any idea of who will will either on the men's side or the women's side, which makes for a good tournament.

I have to love doubles, too, and the Bryan brothers going for their 100th doubles victory is amazing. There is nothing they haven't won.

Although they don't give it much coverage, I'm also eager to follow Martina Navratilova's progress in the womens' invitational doubles. She's 57 for goodness sake and still great to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I like Bouchard, too, but several of them could take it. First time in years, I really don't have any idea of who will will either on the men's side or the women's side, which makes for a good tournament.

I have to love doubles, too, and the Bryan brothers going for their 100th doubles victory is amazing. There is nothing they haven't won.

Although they don't give it much coverage, I'm also eager to follow Martina Navratilova's progress in the womens' invitational doubles. She's 57 for goodness sake and still great to watch.
    I like when it could be anyone (unless its Rafa at the French) wins, it makes it so much more exciting. I spent too many GS knowing who was going to win and if it wasn't someone I liked, I would be bored. I do think no one has dominated the slams in the last few years as in the past. The years of Sampras winning everything but the French or Graf winning EVERY Slam are over.

Do you think Federer will win another? I don't think so, but I do think he will be in the mix for the next couple of years, especially at Wimbledon.

Martina is amazing! What an athlete and naturally gifted player. We should all be so good at her age.

I have my fingers crossed for another Andy win! I am optimistic with a slash of realism, but thrilled with his play so far.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Rafa is my favorite by far, but I really don't dislike any of the top men.

Do I think Federer will will another major? That's a tough one to call. I'd never count him out. On the other hand, he's the oldest and he has nothing left to prove. He's happy with his family life and I don't think he has that devouring hunger that he once had. That desire is hard to keep up for so long when other things take some of the priority away.

+ Reply to Thread