+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Tennis

Re: Tennis

I wonder what time it ran? I was up at 6am CST and sometimes I can catch the end of a match. It must have not lasted too long.
    Florimel likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I watched it live at 1:30 am MST on ESPN. It's repeating on tape delay at 12:00 noon, again MST, on ESPN2. CST might be an hour later, but it should be coming on very soon.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I watched it live at 1:30 am MST on ESPN. It's repeating on tape delay at 12:00 noon, again MST, on ESPN2. CST might be an hour later, but it should be coming on very soon.
    And I'm at work

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

When I got to my tv at 8, it was on . . . . again. It was a shorter match than it could potentially have been - lasted only 3 sets. I was able to watch my dvr'd version, skipping the commercials (which are mercifully brief in comparison to regular tv programming!)

I could have sworn the finale was going to be on at 5:30 PM on Sunday, shown as a repeat of course. That's no longer in my program guide. Instead, it will be on starting at 3 AM (east coast time) Sunday. Another job for the dvr.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I don't have a DVR! I always feel that the AO is the "lost" open for me.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I can understand that Libgirl2 . . . the time difference is just too great.

I guess it's a good thing that Rafa is one of my favorites. They joke about noon being the crack of dawn by Spanish standards. Rafa hardly ever plays a "morning" match.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'm so happy for Li Na, but I wish that second set had been more competitive. It's not so exciting to see a 6-0 set. Great for the winner, of course, but not the viewer.

I'm not really looking forward to the men's final. I'm NOT a Nadal fan and he's been playing so well. I'm not into watching a one-sided match where the winner is a player I don't enjoy watching. I'd LOVE to see Wawrinka pull out a win. I'm always happy when the underdog wins or at least when the wealth gets spread around. It's just boring watching the same players win every time.
    football_chick likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I actually forgot the men's final was on. I just turned it on and holy crap. That is not the score I expected to see in the second set.

A bummer for everyone involved.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yea, it was not a score I expected either. Kudos to the winner though.

The men's final was not what I anticipated either.

Congratulations to Li Na on her win. She's one of the few female players I can still watch and enjoy.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread