+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Tennis

Re: Tennis

Well one final is set and the other is half way there. Congrats to all of the finalists. So far its a bit different then expected.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

And I'm really looking forward to the other men's semi!!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I wish I could find the other men's semi on tv. I've tuned into ESPN on THREE different occasions today and it's been the Wawrinka/Berdych match each time!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Patience, people! The Federer - Nadal semi doesn't start until at least 12:30 am PST. The schedule has it behind two doubles matches on Rod Laver, so it may be later than that.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Patience, people! The Federer - Nadal semi doesn't start until at least 12:30 am PST. The schedule has it behind two doubles matches on Rod Laver, so it may be later than that.
    Maybe it will be on when I wake up tomorrow morning!

My schedule, which is for PST, says the live match will begin on ESPN at 1:30 am this morning with the tape delay starting at 12 noon tomorrow on ESPN2.

Oops. I meant to type 1:30 am tomorrow morning. I always seem to think of the wee morning hours as being part of "today" instead of "tomorow."
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I did find it while channel surfing. Starts at 3:30AM (east coast time).

I'll be dvr'ing and skipping all forms of social media when I wake up.

Looks like the men's final will be on Sunday afternoon at 5 (again, east coast time)

I got the time off the official site, so I figured that was the time. The match is set to start no earlier than 7:30 pm, which means 12:30 am PST. Schedule of Play - Schedule - Australian Open Tennis Championships 2014 - Official Site by IBM

Maybe they're pushing it back OR actual play doesn't start until later. Do they count the warm up?

I just checked and EPSN is starting the coverage at 12:30 am. Maybe they're doing the other matches first though. If so, I'll follow it on the official site, since they usually have live streaming from the match.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I got my info from NBC News (and then double checked it with the program guide) but I think I'll adjust my dvr recording time just in case.

That's probably a good plan. At worst, you get an hour of football coverage or whatever else is on.

I'm hoping that 12:30 is right because I'll be up anyway and I'd rather see it sooner than later.

+ Reply to Thread