+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Tennis

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Put this in the truth is stranger than fiction pile. John Izner and Nicolas Mahut of the three-day marathon first round match that ended at 70-68 last year have drawn each other in the first round again this year. I think the computers are having a good giggle. I'll be watching.
    Me too! May have to dvr it though if it's anything like their last meeting!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I was pleased to read that they have become great friends and had to cancel a scheduled practice session today.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Isner-Mahut the rematch!

Isner won the one today in straight sets but if Wimbledon had gone with a no tiebreak rule for all sets this year maybe we would have had a match since the 1st and 3rd sets were wimpy tiebreaks.

I so remember 'watching' the match here last year with Florimel and CrossingGuard and talking about it with Crit and everyone else who chimed in. It was one of my favorite FoRT experiences and one that I'll never forget.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

they should have played center court! lol! Congrats to Isner!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Jo Willie takes out Federer!!!

First time EVER that Fed lost the match when he was up 2 games to nothing. Way to make a comeback Tsonga!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Jo Willie takes out Federer!!!

First time EVER that Fed lost the match when he was up 2 games to nothing. Way to make a comeback Tsonga!!!
    I watched the match and it was amazing. After Fed won the 2nd set tiebreak pretty easily, I figured another Federer straight set win! Then Tsonga turned golden and was really taking it. Great match. He was so thrilled with the win!

I was really surprised to see Serena go down even though she hasn't played in a year. Less surprising to see Venus lose right after her since Venus often seems sad to the point of losing her own motivation to win when Serena gets eliminated in a tournament prior to her.

I feel very melancholy watching Fed these days since he has been losing his edge for quite some time. It happens to every aging athlete and I have sympathy for him because it's a painful inevitable decline. His comeback against Djokovic at the French was tremendous.

Tsonga beat Rafa at Queens Club so he's been on a tear on grass although he lost to Murray in that final. Murray, meanwhile, won Queens Club, was the only player not to drop a set today and he's had Will, Kate and Pippa cheering him on this week. The pressure could start to get to him though.

Rafa says his foot is better. I so hope this is true. I'm going to watch as much of his match as they showed today now and obsess over it. Rafa's gf is at Wimbledon this year. I noticed she was dressed very demurely and I have this intuitive feeling that she is probably as sweet as Raf (although I continue to plot strategies to steal him away, pretty much 24/7 ). Really nice showing from Mardy Fish and how cool for him to do so well later in his career.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Rafa says his foot is better. I so hope this is true. I'm going to watch as much of his match as they showed today now and obsess over it. Rafa's gf is at Wimbledon this year. I noticed she was dressed very demurely and I have this intuitive feeling that she is probably as sweet as Raf (although I continue to plot strategies to steal him away, pretty much 24/7 ). Really nice showing from Mardy Fish and how cool for him to do so well later in his career.

Best of luck to you! Remember to invite me to the wedding should you succeed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    I was really surprised to see Serena go down even though she hasn't played in a year. Less surprising to see Venus lose right after her since Venus often seems sad to the point of losing her own motivation to win when Serena gets eliminated in a tournament prior to her.

I feel very melancholy watching Fed these days since he has been losing his edge for quite some time. It happens to every aging athlete and I have sympathy for him because it's a painful inevitable decline. His comeback against Djokovic at the French was tremendous.

Tsonga beat Rafa at Queens Club so he's been on a tear on grass although he lost to Murray in that final. Murray, meanwhile, won Queens Club, was the only player not to drop a set today and he's had Will, Kate and Pippa cheering him on this week. The pressure could start to get to him though.

The Williams are getting older in sports terms and Serena has been dealing with some horrible circumstances the last year. I still wouldn't be surprised with another GS win out of either of them though. As for Federer, he is also getting "up there" and I do think players have learned how to play him. It also helps mentally for those players to know he can be beaten. The men's game is really exciting right now. I was impressed with Fish, who would have thunk it? Good for him!

Congrats to Nole - what an amazing match against Jo today!

+ Reply to Thread