+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Tennis

Re: Tennis

Well I am one proud, sobbing Brit! Well done Andy!
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey

I hope there's not a rule that there's no crying in tennis. If there is, I broke it today with tears of joy!
    JLuvs and libgirl2 like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Not what I had expected . . . and certainly not what I had hoped for. There was definitely something off about Djokovic, right from the very start. The ferocity we usually see was just not there.

Kudos to Andy for ending the 77 year drought of "British" winners on the lawn.
    football_chick and libgirl2 like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I hope there's not a rule that there's no crying in tennis. If there is, I broke it today with tears of joy!
    I sat on the edge of my seat, I cried, I prayed and I cheered! Thank you Andy for giving England the win they have been waiting for!!!
    JLuvs likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I sat on the edge of my seat, I cried, I prayed and I cheered! Thank you Andy for giving England the win they have been waiting for!!!
    It was wonderful. Well done Andy, well done.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Andy seemed to play better when I wasn't watching, so I started leaving the room and just listening to the play by play. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I didn't want to feel responsible if he lost.

His girlfriend is now getting a lot of internet recognition--her hair has its own facebook page. What I noticed is that when they discussed her art on E! News they showed some lovely drawings/paintings of terriers, which immediately made me like her better (not that I disliked her before--I just didn't have any opinion of her other than that she was pretty, because I didn't know a thing about her).

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

ATP Rankings - new as of July 8th - have some unexpected names in the top ten. Things are shaking up!

1. Novak Djokovic
    2. Andy Murray
    3. David Ferrer
    4. Rafael Nadal
    5. Roger Federer
    6. Tomas Berdych
    7. Juan Martin Del Potro
    8. Jo-Wilfred Tsonga
    9. Richard Gasquet
    10. Stan Wawrinka
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Andy seemed to play better when I wasn't watching, so I started leaving the room and just listening to the play by play. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I didn't want to feel responsible if he lost.

lol!!! I am so glad I am not the only one who feels like this. There have been some matches that I actually left the house!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    lol!!! I am so glad I am not the only one who feels like this. There have been some matches that I actually left the house!
    When he was up 40-Love in that last game, I thought, okay, I can watch the final point. Well, we all know what happened--I had to flee the room when they went to deuce and listen to it from the dining room where I was out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    When he was up 40-Love in that last game, I thought, okay, I can watch the final point. Well, we all know what happened--I had to flee the room when they went to deuce and listen to it from the dining room where I was out of sight.
    I had my Union Jack over my face and kept peeking out during the last game. I couldn't miss it, but my fingernails are gone.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread