+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Tennis

Re: Tennis

Rooting on Murray as usual! Glad he is still in. I hope this is his year!
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Unless I missed his ouster, Djokovic is still playing. Nole vs Andy - that would make an awesome final.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Unless I missed his ouster, Djokovic is still playing. Nole vs Andy - that would make an awesome final.
    At the rate players are dropping, I'm not holding out hope, but I agree, that would be great!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Well, the way things have gone this tournament, I am not surprised.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Me either!

Haven't looked at the stats, but this has to have been one of the craziest years for early ousters, if not THE craziest.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Happy that Andy is still alive. Please, pretty please with sugar on top let this be his year.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey

I kind of feel sorry for whoever wins the tournament this year. After so many top players went out last Wednesday, it kind of seems like there's going to be an unofficial asterik next to the winner's name, with people saying "He only won because the top people were cleared out and made the path easier". I don't think that WILL be true - after all, when top people are falling, there is a new set of challenges in overcoming the mindgame of thinking you may be next AND figuring out how to beat lesser known players that you've likely played less often. But, it owuld not surprise me if some of the talk after a winner is crowned doesn't focus on the fluke of top players being knocked out in the first two rounds.

With Serena out, the top 3 women's seeds are gone. Lisicki just seems to make Wimbledon her playground. Last year, she beat #1 seed Sharapova who had also just won the French.

I won't miss Serena at all. I am happy to see that Sloane Simpson has advanced to the quarter finals.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I am cheering for Sloane. I know she won't win the whole thing, but she is the real deal, not just a flash in the pan.

Sadly, Sloane lost today to Bartoli, 6-4, 7-5. She's been having a pretty good year. I'm eager to see how she does at U.S. Open in September.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread