+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Tennis

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Tennis

I do love his "awww shucks" grin. He seems to be . . . for lack of a better word: normal . . . in spite of the wealth and celebrity status he could be flaunting.

I strongly dislike Federer. Maybe it's unfortunate marketing on his part, but doing commercials for the benefits of owning your own private jet and touting Rolex watches worth more than some peoples houses is hardly a way to endear yourself to the masses.

If I didn't appreciate his sense of humor, I probably wouldn't be a Djokovic fan either. I think he's maturing and hopefully, he'll keep those tantrums and poorly-timed impressions/imitations to himself.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I do love his "awww shucks" grin. He seems to be . . . for lack of a better word: normal . . . in spite of the wealth and celebrity status he could be flaunting.

I strongly dislike Federer. Maybe it's unfortunate marketing on his part, but doing commercials for the benefits of owning your own private jet and touting Rolex watches worth more than some peoples houses is hardly a way to endear yourself to the masses.

If I didn't appreciate his sense of humor, I probably wouldn't be a Djokovic fan either. I think he's maturing and hopefully, he'll keep those tantrums and poorly-timed impressions/imitations to himself.
    A very good assessment. Nadal seems normal and kind of a homebody and lets face it boring off the court. He leads a pretty normal routine life despite his talent. He is not off doing wild things, courting the celebs, hanging out with them. Roger kind of bothered me in the fact that he was good friends with Tiger Woods... it made me wonder just who he hangs with. Nolo is pretty interesting. He is kind of in the middle, funny, but still a guy with home roots.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Thrilled Wimbledon has started, not too thrilled with today's results.
    Florimel and Little Sew&Sew like this.

Me either libgirl2. Not at all please at the first round knockout.

I can still cheer for Nole' but it will be a sad tournie without my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Me either libgirl2. Not at all please at the first round knockout.

I can still cheer for Nole' but it will be a sad tournie without my favorite.
    I know, kind of took a bit of the excitement out of it.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

And Wimbledon just keeps getting weirder! There's a lot to be said about the right pair of shoes!

2013 Wimbledon Championships Website - Official Site by IBM - Seven times champion Roger Federer out of Wimbledon

the seeds are really falling early on! Wow!

Sharapova and Tsonga are out as well

What a day this was! There have always been upsets at Wimbledon, but this is 7 former #1's out in the second round in one day. Besides the ones mentioned above, Isner, Azarenka, Cilic, Wozniaki, are all out. So is Darcis, the one who beat Nadal in round 1.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    What a day this was! There have always been upsets at Wimbledon, but this is 7 former #1's out in the second round in one day. Besides the ones mentioned above, Isner, Azarenka, Cilic, Wozniaki, are all out. So is Darcis, the one who beat Nadal in round 1.
    Federer! Second round!

+ Reply to Thread